Funny JK owners.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Funny JK owners....

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #16
Jayson44
1998 TJ Wrangler 

good for them for gettin out on the trails. our Jeep club holds at least 2 "New Guys Runs" a year where we invite anyone who's never put their Jeep in 4x4 to come hit the trails. it was one of these runs where I learned that I needed to lock my CJ's hubs if I wanted 4x4 to work. and I was in a group with 6 other completely stock Jeeps. our trail leader was very well built and knew the trails. he also had experience wheeling Jeeps like ours (because he was in our position at one time) and could give us great tips on how to drive w/a stock Jeep.

if not for that first run, I'd have not learned most of the things I know now about wheeling. and I would probably still be too afraid of my Jeep's capabilities. more people need to wheel their stock Jeeps, IMO.

J.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #280
I build websites
Jayson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #17
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson44 View Post
good for them for gettin out on the trails. our Jeep club holds at least 2 "New Guys Runs" a year where we invite anyone who's never put their Jeep in 4x4 to come hit the trails. it was one of these runs where I learned that I needed to lock my CJ's hubs if I wanted 4x4 to work. J.
This reminds me of another funny story- my buddy who is a retired farmer got stuck in a field pulling a horse trailer in his F250. This was just a soggy grass pasture and we had to use it to turn around to leave an event. I had gone first and my Ram 3500 4x4 hardly missed a beat but figured maybe my ruts got him bogged down. He has an FX4 F250 but he was stuck. I didn't want to unhook my 40' gooseneck trailer in the mud to yank him out so we went down the road and got a tractor and pulled him out. Took quite a while and while unhooking his truck I notice his hubs were in the "free" position.

He had owned the truck for 4 years (his first 4x4 truck ever). He thought when he pulled the lever it was in 4WD, but his F250 had the optional locking hubs and he didn't even know it. Had never actually had his truck in 4WD, he figured the 4WD light on the dash was on, he was in 4WD.

I still give him a hard time about this when I see him. His truck has not been stuck since, LOL.
Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #18
Oktyabr
1977 CJ5 

I like all Jeeps... to me, "there is only Jeep... and not Jeep" (ok, I count the old Willys and Ford GPW as Jeeps too). My brother owns a 2010 Rubi and my mother just bought a Hemi Grand. Neither see the hard core trails... much... and if I owned either of them I probably wouldn't do it either for the same reason I wouldn't crawl a $20,000+ CJ frame-off/resto build! A stump rub in a $3000 wrangler is one thing... a $3000 stump rub in a new Rubi is entirely different.

I parked my CJ5 next to a beautiful blue Rubi, completely loaded, yesterday. Got to talk to the guy a bit and he'd never even tried the lockers or disconnect in over a year of owning it. Guy had a history with Jeeps and pretty much confirmed my suspicion... Too pretty to take off road. I've owned "mall terrain" vehicles too but not anymore

Oktyabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Nice Blazer.
ps: a rubi is a wrangler
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #20
Bakunin
1985 CJ7 

hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1881CJ7 View Post
You mentioned in your first post that you were headed to church, yesterday. Perhaps these verses will help you:

Philippians 2:4 ESV "Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."

James 3:13-18 ESV "Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. ..."

Matt
You forgot Matthew 7:5.

Unread 11-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #21
Oktyabr
1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
Nice Blazer.
ps: a rubi is a wrangler
Thanks! But it NEVER got dirty, much to my neighbor's chagrin. He even came over one afternoon and wondered if I might take it out to get him unstuck from some really bad mudhole. Nope! Actually I think I said I would if he promised to make it look like that again when we were done It hurt to sell it but besides a blast around town on a sunny weekend and the occasional jaunt to work and back it just didn't get used much.

Yes, I'm aware a JK Rubicon is technically a wrangler... but I'm more of the mindset (and age) that wrangler = what came right after they stopped building CJs, or "YJ" in this case.

Gone but not forgotten: 71' CJ5, 77' J20, 77' SJ, 78' CJ7, 81' J10, 88' XJ, 90' XJ, 94' XJ, 94' YJ, 95' XJ, 95' XJ, 96' ZJ, 98' ZJ
Oktyabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #22
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
You forgot Matthew 7:5.

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #23
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ok, let me step back in.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions about your post. It touched a nerve with me because I have always been on the receiving end of those conversations on the trail. I have always taken my Jeeps out stock first to see what they can do before I go to the next level.

I was the guy in the '97 TJ Sport when no one have hardly seen a TJ before.

I was the guy who flopped an '01 TJ Sport that I had owned for 12 days. Not because I didn't know what I was doing; I just lost traction on a wet rock and off it went.

I was the guy in the '03 Rubi TJ getting picked on (until my stock Rubi climbed things theirs couldn't do built)

I was the guy in the '07 JK Rubi when no one had hardly seen one before.

So I got it a lot from guys on the trails. Heck, now I am getting from other CJ owners when they see mine! Apparently having a fully restored CJ7 screams pavement pounder?

Anyway, Jeepican, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. If we are ever on the same trail, regardless of what we are driving, I'm sure we'd help each other out if needed. You have already helped me on here with my restoration and I am greatful for that (heater crap and front disc coversion).
AdamH07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #24
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH07 View Post
Ok, let me step back in.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions about your post. It touched a nerve with me because I have always been on the receiving end of those conversations on the trail. I have always taken my Jeeps out stock first to see what they can do before I go to the next level.

I was the guy in the '97 TJ Sport when no one have hardly seen a TJ before.

I was the guy who flopped an '01 TJ Sport that I had owned for 12 days. Not because I didn't know what I was doing; I just lost traction on a wet rock and off it went.

I was the guy in the '03 Rubi TJ getting picked on (until my stock Rubi climbed things theirs couldn't do built)

I was the guy in the '07 JK Rubi when no one had hardly seen one before.

So I got it a lot from guys on the trails. Heck, now I am getting from other CJ owners when they see mine! Apparently having a fully restored CJ7 screams pavement pounder?

Anyway, Jeepican, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. If we are ever on the same trail, regardless of what we are driving, I'm sure we'd help each other out if needed. You have already helped me on here with my restoration and I am greatful for that (heater crap and front disc coversion).
My appologies too!....I should have re-read my OP to make sure it sounded right. Thats what i get for using my droid My intent was not to offend or belittle the JK's or their owners. I also got a little hotheaded too fast .... hopefully we can move past this and have no hard feelings

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #25
SharonsRusty
1978 CJ7 

Ah! I can feel the love already!
SharonsRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #26
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

As for stock Jeeps,i've never been anything but with a few engine mods on a 258.They can wheel with the best if driven right. As for the guy not being in 4wd,i can feel his pain. I owned a 93 TJ and got used to shifting on the fly.One day in my CJ i put it in 4wd and got stuck half way across the creek. Forgot to lock the hubs,so i guess even the most experianced loose it somedays.
dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #27
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslywalker View Post
As for stock Jeeps,i've never been anything but with a few engine mods on a 258.They can wheel with the best if driven right. As for the guy not being in 4wd,i can feel his pain. I owned a 93 TJ and got used to shifting on the fly.One day in my CJ i put it in 4wd and got stuck half way across the creek. Forgot to lock the hubs,so i guess even the most experianced loose it somedays.
LOL reminds me of my first shake down run with the CJ earlier this year. Was so pissed at myself thinking I did something wrong when I rebuilt the t-case..... then I remembered the locking hubs.
AdamH07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #28
KJNewbs
1983 CJ7 

I like my JK because it drives. Without it, I'd only have my CJ that is awhile from being on the road...or off the road. I'm pretty new to Jeeping in general, but I'm very impressed with what my stock JK can do - all i've got is skids and rock rails and aftermarket on whatever little things I've already broken on the trails. Now as far as looks go - a CJ wins hands down!

1983 lime green CJ7 - 258 with DUI & Weber, Crane cam, 2" lift, MTs w/ BFGs

2010 2-Door, 6-Speed Black JK Sahara - Teraflex 3" Coil Lift with Front Lower and Rear Upper Flex Arms - Bilstein 5100 Shocks -JKS Front Adjustable Track Bar - Teraflex Front Knuckle Gussets - Rock Hard Oil Pan/Engine Skid - Rock Hard Transfer case skid - Rock Hard Evap relocation Kit - Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers - MBRP off-road exhaust - AEV Pintler Wheels - GoodYear MTR/K 35x12.5x17 - Detroit Track Loc Carrier up Front - Yukon 4.88 Gears - Cobra 75 CB with Cool Tech bracket - Die-Tech mirror relocation brackets
KJNewbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH07 View Post
LOL reminds me of my first shake down run with the CJ earlier this year. Was so pissed at myself thinking I did something wrong when I rebuilt the t-case..... then I remembered the locking hubs.
Yep i did it front of 10 jeep owners.Needless to say i told them i would bring up the rear
dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #30
molsenice
1964 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
Don't forget there are many JK owners like myself on this forum also.
It's ok John - we still love you hahahahahahahahah

(j/k) for those who think I have an issue with John - I do not
molsenice is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.