Funny JK owners.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Funny JK owners....

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Funny JK owners....

Me n the wife had a good laugh on our way to church this morning. We have a local orv park and we get caravans come in every so often, which is awesome. But this morning the caravan we get to see is about 5-6 jk's all of then are completely stock exept for one that was very well built. I am pretty sure a few had street tires. Its just funny to see, because they all prob got a good laugh out of the rest of the orv park.

Sent from my Android

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
ButcherJones
1977 CJ5 

Id rather see a bone stock JK in the dirt somewhere offroad, than ANOTHER brand new rubi, built to the HILT, that doesnt have a scratch and will never, ever, see trails...
ButcherJones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButcherJones
Id rather see a bone stock JK in the dirt somewhere offroad, than ANOTHER brand new rubi, built to the HILT, that doesnt have a scratch and will never, ever, see trails...
True....but that's another category...lol

Sent from my Android

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Unread 11-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButcherJones View Post
And the closest they get to going topless is rolling down the window.
skizriz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
CrankyD
1983 CJ7 

I had a guy come running up to me one day this summer in a parking lot, I had the doors and top off and he wanted to know where I got "those awesome mirror mounts" that mount on the windshield hinge... He had a JK...
CrankyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Don't forget there are many JK owners like myself on this forum also.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Jeepican, People like you make the offroading world suck sometimes. Who cares if it was a stock JK? At least it is getting used. Why make fun of them?

I don't care if someone takes a AWD Kia to the trails. The fact that people use what they have is awesome in my book.

I gladly pick my JK over my CJ7 offroad any day of the week. Take a look at my sig, I have built and wheeled many Jeeps. My current JK Rubi wins hands down off road. No question about it. Sure I could dump more and more $$ into the CJ to make it more modern (and loose the coolness factor in my book) and it could keep up off road but I'd rather have the best of both worlds.

To each his own.
AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Good posts, John and Adam.

I don't care for the snobby CJ attitudes, either. The "I win" threads, like this one, almost embarrass me.

I have a CJ because it's part of my history that I don't want to forget. Some of my fondest memories have happened in a CJ. I like having a vehicle that I can actually work on myself, and I like bouncing around in a 30 year old ride because it makes me appreciate how far vehicle technology has come over the years. If I want to ride in comfort, I take my new Tundra pickup.

The same type of in-fighting happens in the hunting world. Archers badmouth muzzleloader hunters, muzzleloaders badmouth rifle hunters, and so on. Ultimately, this type of short-sighted behavior will ruin it for all hunters.

Unite and celebrate diversity.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Geeez.... i wasn't taking shots at JK's .... i actually like them. I just cringe at the fact that someone would take a brand new completely stock jk out on the trails. I could buy several cj's for that. I never said they were incapable or that nobody should own them. It's just that every weekend i look for the caravans lined up at the hotels and gas stations on the weekends. I typically see very nice rigs. From Suzukis, to Jeeps (all), and several other models. 95% of the time every rig i see at least has a winch or some larger tires. But every now and then i get to see a group with completely stock jeeps. And i just thought it was funny. Apparently i was wrong and refrain from making future comments about it. And its people like you guys who ruin the good ole fun that has been around since the beginning of time. I assume you never poke fun at your buddy who roots for the other team? Grow a sense of humor and lighten up..............it's your type of uptight attitudes that ruin good fun for everyone else.

-Barney Fife-
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
whodatsCJ7
1978 CJ7 

I know someone who loves JK's and really likes to bad mouth my CJ. Always talking about how inferior the CJ is. I guess this goes both ways. Maybe he swings both ways, who knows?
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepican View Post
Geeez.....it's your type of uptight attitudes that ruin good fun for everyone else.:
You mentioned in your first post that you were headed to church, yesterday. Perhaps these verses will help you:

Philippians 2:4 ESV "Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."

James 3:13-18 ESV "Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. ..."

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #12
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1881CJ7 View Post
You mentioned in your first post that you were headed to church, yesterday. Perhaps these verses will help you:

Philippians 2:4 ESV "Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."

James 3:13-18 ESV "Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. ..."

Matt
Seriously..... keep that in PM or the politics and religion debates..... I was not vulgar or calling these people bad or anything of the nature. It was all in good fun. You and Adam turned it into an ordeal and debate.

-Barney Fife-
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #13
Andywear
1991 YJ Wrangler 

JK's are serious business.
Silly JK owners trying to prove somthing

[I]Errrrrrr[/I], Will complain else where - &y
Andywear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #14
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hey at least they were getting out on the trail (and thus supporting our hobby)-

But sometimes you just have to laugh. Last time out on the trail we passed a stuck bone stock FJ Cruiser, all shiny and blue. We stopped to ask if he needed help, he declined saying he had called for a tow rig and they were on the way. He was hardly stuck and only in about 8" or so of mud. We offered to yank him out but he was afraid of body dammage and said he would wait. We drove past him with ease and we joked together over the CB about how we bet he wished he had bought a Jeep. Find out later from the ORV park owner (who he had called for a tow, that the FJ owner had to pay for) that the FJ owner didn't know how to put his vehicle in 4WD, and when they pulled him out he promptly got stuck again so they looked into it, guy was in FWD (front wheel drive) and not 4WD!
Too funny- if you want to use your new vehicle off road, at least read the owners manual!

Cheers!
~K
Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #15
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destr0 View Post
Hey at least they were getting out on the trail (and thus supporting our hobby)-

But sometimes you just have to laugh. Last time out on the trail we passed a stuck bone stock FJ Cruiser, all shiny and blue. We stopped to ask if he needed help, he declined saying he had called for a tow rig and they were on the way. He was hardly stuck and only in about 8" or so of mud. We offered to yank him out but he was afraid of body dammage and said he would wait. We drove past him with ease and we joked together over the CB about how we bet he wished he had bought a Jeep. Find out later from the ORV park owner (who he had called for a tow, that the FJ owner had to pay for) that the FJ owner didn't know how to put his vehicle in 4WD, and when they pulled him out he promptly got stuck again so they looked into it, guy was in FWD (front wheel drive) and not 4WD!
Too funny- if you want to use your new vehicle off road, at least read the owners manual!

Cheers!
~K
My point exactly..... i wasn't trying to discourage them from getting on the trails..... its just funny. It's like the guy showing up on his moped at a biker rally. You joke around with the new guy.... but turn around and help him when he's stuck. I know it could have been their first time and now they will probably be hooked and join in the disease. But its still funny and all in good fun. As the Joker said "Why so serious?"

-Barney Fife-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.