Full Weather Cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Full Weather Cover

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 11-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
Exposed

1981 CJ5 

Full Weather Cover

Hey Guys, my CJ sits in the garage most of the time but sometimes outside. I would like to put a cover on it to protect from all the elements especially fallout from my shop area. Looking at the normal cheap covers they don't impress me. I was looking a Covercraft Custom NOAH. I found it for a Jeep for about $239. From reading, the quality looks good. Anyone out there using one now?? If using another brand, how about an opinion on it???
thanks

81 CJ5, Ford 331 EFI, AX15, D-300, Dana 44 (Detroit Locker)....

When there are more people voting for a living than working for a living,
We are DONE as a Country!!!!!!

Newly Acquired 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
HackFabrication
1976 CJ5 

I just got a California Car Cover for my 2009 Saturn Sky. Haven't used it outside in any weather as the Sky is currently entombed at a storage facility until next spring.

With the intense sun in TX, I would look into an outside cover made from Sunbrella fabric.
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
Exposed

1981 CJ5 

If I was going to leave outside all the time, definitely would go the Sunbrella fabric. But it only sits outside when I have the shop tied up and can't park inside (weekends, etc.). The Sunbrella looks to be about another $100 as well... Pretty pricey..... Not any other responses so guess most guys don't cover their Jeeps....

Unread 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
MoC
1986 CJ7 

I have a Rain Gear cover from jeepcovers.com, only 120 plus shipping. Have had it over 2 years. Works well and I am happy with it. I recently developed a little leak where stitched seam has stretched a little. If it sits in a all day rain I get a little puddle the size of my fist. Here is a picture from a few years back where you can see it on.
100_1114.jpg  
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
Exposed

1981 CJ5 

Well, I ended up ordering a Covercraft Noah series full cover. Since I have the YJ mirrors I decided to order for a YJ model. I will have to modify to get it to fit my CJ5 since I will be longer as well as little wider. But it will have the YJ mirror pockets where as for the CJ, it does not. Guess not enough demand for the CJ version. Will see how it work when I get it next week...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.