Full Traction Shackle Reversal I Love It - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Full Traction Shackle Reversal I Love It

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-27-2003, 08:07 AM   #1
B-Ray

Full Traction Shackle Reversal I Love It

Just got done installing the Full Traction 2" shackle reversal kit on my 83 CJ7 and I must say there is absolutley no more wandering , bumpsteer or any other problems. Jeep no runs with a total of 7.5" of lift and 35's and I can now run 70mph with arm on the window and only one hand on the steering wheel.
5 hours install time by my self.

1995 YJ 2.5L, Rustys 3.5" suspension lift, 1" BL, 1" shackles, Clarion CD player, JL Audio Amp, 2 10's, Tuffy Console, Hella Lights, Independent Offroad Cusyom front and rear bumpers, 32x11.50 Mastercraft M/T, Eagle Alloys,Custom air intake, Flat Fendered.
B-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2003, 11:52 PM   #2
magicmudder

Cool....throw some pics up. I just finished mine (not 2") tonight. I've had the jeep tore apart for over a month and I've finally found some time to work on it. I want to see what yours looks like. I'll get some pics up of mine soon too.
Unread 05-28-2003, 07:45 AM   #3
Brock

I am thinking of doing this as well. Tells us where you got it and the price. Do you have to get any driveshaft mods done? Take a lot of pics.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2003, 08:37 AM   #4
Curly

I'm very interested in this too. I assume you guys are both SOA? I am running SUA with 2.5" springs and 1" body lift. I love the flex I get with these springs and my 33's don't rub at all but am very undecided as which way to go to get a little more lift. Please post some pics and price info.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
cfordwes

what is this?

I just purchased a 2.5 Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift for my 82 CJ 7. What exactly is a full traction 2 inch shackle reverse kit. What does it do. What's the cost. Where do you get something like that.
cfordwes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2003, 06:29 PM   #6
Jwhit

2 inch Shacle reversal Kit!

I am Interested too. Like the guy above i run 33's with a 2.5 inch lift and 1 inch body lift. For the most part i dont rub except for when i really flex it. Looking for a little more clearance without having to buy a new lift kit.
'85 CJ7 Rebuilt 258/T5/Dana 300 Mopar MPI fuel Injuection kit - 35" Pro Comp X-Terrains,one piece rear axle, 4.56 gears, Tracloc rear, Detroit Nospin front, 2" Full-Traction Shackle Reversal, 1" body lift, 2.5" Sky Jacker lift

'05 Jeep "Willys" ~stock... daily driver
Jwhit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2003, 08:10 AM   #7
Brock

Here is the webpage for it. I am undecided and need to hear some realworld experience with the kit before I buy it.

Full Traction Shackle Reversal

Here is a writeup I found about the shackle reversal and bolton soa kit installed on a Wrangler.

writup on soa and shackle reversal install
Unread 06-02-2003, 08:47 AM   #8
B-Ray

so far I am very pleased with this kit. Before, I had terrible handling. My CJ has a 3.5" Rusty's Offroad suspension lift, 2" body lift, 2.25" shackle lift running 35's with 4.56 gears and an AMC 360. Now I am running the 3.5" suspension, 2" body and the 2" Full Traction Shackle Reversal Kit. I also installed an AGR Super Box 2 and a steering box brace. Now I can run 70mph with elbow hangung out the window and one hand on the wheel. Jeep tracks straight and has virtually zero wander or bump steer. Also has no driveline vibration. I have not replaced the front drive shaft yet although it is recommended. Have yet to try it out on the trail but street drivability is super. It took me about 5 hours to install with no help. All in all I am very pleased so far. I bought my kit from Full Traction. Any other questions and I will be glad to try to answer. Pisc coming soon I hope if I can figure out how to post them.
1995 YJ 2.5L, Rustys 3.5" suspension lift, 1" BL, 1" shackles, Clarion CD player, JL Audio Amp, 2 10's, Tuffy Console, Hella Lights, Independent Offroad Cusyom front and rear bumpers, 32x11.50 Mastercraft M/T, Eagle Alloys,Custom air intake, Flat Fendered.
B-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2003, 11:25 AM   #9
Brock

Keep us informed because I think a lot of people would like to use this kit. I have really heard nothing but good things about it. Take it wheeling and let use know how it did and whether or not the srs requires an extended driveshaft up front.
Unread 06-20-2003, 02:15 PM   #10
Brock

Quote:
Originally posted by B-Ray
so far I am very pleased with this kit. Before, I had terrible handling. My CJ has a 3.5" Rusty's Offroad suspension lift, 2" body lift, 2.25" shackle lift running 35's with 4.56 gears and an AMC 360. Now I am running the 3.5" suspension, 2" body and the 2" Full Traction Shackle Reversal Kit. I also installed an AGR Super Box 2 and a steering box brace. Now I can run 70mph with elbow hangung out the window and one hand on the wheel. Jeep tracks straight and has virtually zero wander or bump steer. Also has no driveline vibration. I have not replaced the front drive shaft yet although it is recommended. Have yet to try it out on the trail but street drivability is super. It took me about 5 hours to install with no help. All in all I am very pleased so far. I bought my kit from Full Traction. Any other questions and I will be glad to try to answer. Pisc coming soon I hope if I can figure out how to post them.
How is that Rusty's Offroad suspension lift? I live like 20 minutes from his place and have not heard of many using it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.