Full roll cage or "weld-in" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Full roll cage or "weld-in"

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 05-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
crzylee
1981 CJ7 

Full roll cage or "weld-in"

What are some opionions on the weld-in roll cages versus the full roll cage? I have found the weld-in cages average $250 ish and the full cages are about $550 ish. I am leaning more towards the full cage because of the uncertainty of the weld-in's.

Thanks

crzylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
ecvMatt
1966 CJ5 

how much do you trust your welding skills? Personally, i am going to go with a weld in front hoop and spreader kit until i can afford to make myself a full cage tied into the frame. Also, how much do you drive it on the highway? I would think for most off road rolls a weld in kit would be fine because(round here at least) it's generally slow going flops, but at highway speed, a roll over can be much, much more serious and better protection will be to your benefit.
Unread 05-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
crzylee
1981 CJ7 

Right now I do mostly highway riding. Until I can get my jeep ready for trails and such (swap tires for 33", swap 4" body for 4" suspension). I have no welding skills myself but a co-worker runs the "Shop" at the local highschool ... I might stay with the sport bar and save up for the full cage.
crzylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.