fuel tank vent problem - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 Old 09-20-2010, 07:59 PM
way_of_life
1978 CJ7 

I really wish I would have had those diagrams months ago haha

if you do crazy crazy things with your jeep and need to remove all of that stuff its pretty esy to cap that off and avoid having the extra crap in the rear fender

°lllllll°
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 09-21-2010, 08:34 AM
SuperDave2112
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ojeep View Post
I had the "out of fuel" problem when it was not out. Worked for months to find it. Turned out to be many things and the older CJs are seeming to have the problem.

To avoid a lot of explanation here, I will relate you to another thread that covers most of it. Problem may not be what you think.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...-fuel-1101974/

That link pertains to a 78 CJ, yours is a little newer, so the lines may not be as old, but the other factors could be the problem.

There are some other threads that address the problem as well if you want to search it.
My rubber is all new. I had to drop and clean out the tank when I got it, as it had a rag for a gas cap, and sat that way for years. Lots of water! Thank God for plastic tanks! I took the carb apart, cleaned it out, and ran a boat tank to limp it home.

I'm gonna look for pinched lines today, if I get time, and try sucking on the line that the check valves are hooked up to.

Thanks all for the advice. On a side note, It hasn't happened since I took the valve out of the gas cap yesterday. I'm thinking check valves/line. It is worst after a lot of off road jostling. I bet the check valves are sticking.
post #33 of 34 Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 PM
BLOWNHOWARD
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave2112 View Post
Just went out and looked. My stuff doesn't look like the stuff in the picture. I have a black, plastic tank. Two lines, feed and return, to the sending unit, and two lines that "T" in to one, going to what I am guessing are check valves that are inserted to rubber grommets in the top of the tank.

Maybe the cheap gas with alcohol in it has eaten up my rubber pickup line inside the tank? It's less than a year old.
Does anybody have a picture of what this looks like?

100% bone stock 1985 CJ7
post #34 of 34 Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Jimww

Just recieved a rebuilt liquid check valve from "Belmar international"for $192.95 including shipping and a core return label.
Looks good so far. No web site, call Bob at 1-800-826-2272.
Super nice guy and prompt service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.