Fuel Supply cutting out - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fuel Supply cutting out

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #16
crazy8x4o5
1978 CJ7 

back to the filter issue, i just have a single inline filter right before the carb. Just took this pic to give a better idea

crazy8x4o5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #17
SBpunk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had the exact same problem. This is how I troubleshot it. Read the last post. Good luck

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/fu...-hope-1250233/
SBpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #18
crazy8x4o5
1978 CJ7 

I'm thinking my fuel tank is fuel of crud. before I got the jeep the PO let it sit for about 5 years. once I get a chance to drop the tank and verify what is the best way to flush the tank out?
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #19
afgd1
1984 CJ7 

older cjs and engines dont like additives, esp ethanol, take off top fuel line crank engine, see if fuel comes out, ck if coming out past fuel filter , now big thing if carb has filter in line check it too, cjs need to have all carbs tuned, and clean, others parts to this problem could be the air lines i had to change out charcoal canister and most all air lines ck for cracks even the smallest crack can screw with carb i also put regulator in line i think fuel line runs 5-7 psi with carter carb its not so critical other carbs seem to need it hope this helped i also have to clean carb about every 2500 miles just cus of fuel we have here colorado, a good carb cleaner seems to work good change filter too aleast 2 times a year
afgd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #20
Mudr83
1983 CJ7 

check your fuel lines where they change from rubber to steel ( that connection is above the fuel tank ). I had the same symptons that you explained and found that i was sucking in air at that connection. Quick fix was putting 2 small hose clamps on it. 2 years and the problem has not came back.
Mudr83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #21
crazy8x4o5
1978 CJ7 

finally found time to drop the tank. the outlet line was dry rotted. the inside of the tank was spotless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.