fuel sender question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > fuel sender question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Offroaddaddy
1986 CJ7 

fuel sender question

Guys....replacing my fuel sender.

A few year back I did this and the filter that slips onto the pick up tube had a metal crimp that secured the filter to the pick up tube.

The new sender does not have this. How does it stay on? when I slip it on, and then position the sender down, the filter just slides off instantly. There is no way I can keep it on and install the sender in the tank...the filter just slides off and falls into the tank......geez

What am I missing here? thanks all for your help

Paul

img_00000200.jpg  
Offroaddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Is that for a fuel cell" I would ask the manufacturer.

Otherwise I would just add a screw clamp on it to hold it in place.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
thompsoj22
1984 CJ7 

same issue

just ordered my second unit from morris 4x4. the filter is the wrong one, use the filter off your original. the reason i am replacing it again is the first replacement sending unit plastic float filled with fuel and sank to the bottom in less than two years. i tried to simply get the float but no go. so i ordered another $41 sending unit complete with filter,'o' ring and plastic nut. yea the filter was the wrong size and it leaks at the flange fitting?. it isnt morris, it's omix crap!.
thompsoj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsoj22 View Post
just ordered my second unit from morris 4x4. the filter is the wrong one, use the filter off your original. the reason i am replacing it again is the first replacement sending unit plastic float filled with fuel and sank to the bottom in less than two years. i tried to simply get the float but no go. so i ordered another $41 sending unit complete with filter,'o' ring and plastic nut. yea the filter was the wrong size and it leaks at the flange fitting?. it isnt morris, it's omix crap!.
This may be a little late be the brass float can be had a cjponyparts.com. There around $8 shipped. Thats were I got mine. Its a perfect match. Just look under the 60's Mustangs.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

ditto filter wrong size... i just cleaned and reused my old one..... just did this 3 days ago and know exactly what your talking about.... mine came from JCW about 2 months ago....

i also cheated and mad an access hole for mine.... got tired of dropping the tank....
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
Offroaddaddy
1986 CJ7 

Yep, omix junk...wrong filter. Let me see if i can complain and get somewhere....thx guys for your replies.
Offroaddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.