Fuel return and vent line testing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fuel return and vent line testing

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 07-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
EngChase
1980 CJ7 

Fuel return and vent line testing

I know I have seen this somewhere on here, but I can't find it. Right now I have an MC2100 installed and I have a rich mixture I'm trying to solve. I have installed #46 jets and now the carb floods, to the extent that the bowl overflows. This didn't happen with #48 jets, only that the engine ran so rich that I am experiencing some washing of the cylinder walls. Now to the question. My fuel return line builds slight pressure when you blow into it. I doesn't when the gas cap is off. How does the vent line back to the charcoal canister work in conjunction with the fuel return line? Should both lines "breathe" freely? I have recently replaced the power valve. Thanks.

EngChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
jeffyjensen
1980 CJ5 

check your rear drivers side fender and inspect the rollover check valve and the vapor vent can that sits there. sounds like something is plugged
Unread 07-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

let me help you with that:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ca...-help-1064615/

Went through the same problem. Sounds like jeffy is right - there may be an obstruction between the tank, the check valves, and the canister. My valve-canister line was plugged with charcoal when I tore down the system. That link will give you a pretty solid idea of how the whole fuel emissions/canister system is supposed to work.
-N
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb , cylinder walls , fuel system , gas cap , gasoline , jets , mc2100 , running rich , vent

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.