Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Fuel Pressure Regulator Weber

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ASteve 
#1 ·
Hi all. I recently installed a weber on my '74 CJ5 232 and a fuel pressure regulator from Mr. Gasket.
My question.... Is something needed to support the regulator? It seems rather heavy and I'm not too keen on the fuel line alone supporting it.
If something is needed for support what should I use?
If anyone has done this to their vehicle would you mind sharing some pics.

#2 ·
HAve you got pictures of your install?

Hose should not be subject to load and should preferably run in short straight lines. Tube should be held rigid with clips. If your regulator is not mounted it is going to stress the hose or tube.

#9 ·
ooops ... fluid .... hows that...:kiss:

They are very accurate? I'm not too familiar with these gauges yet, but mine does change when it warms up, and Summit Racing states: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-650310 Scroll down to Notes and it reads:

Notes:When reading fuel pressure, keep in mind that a fluid filled pressure gauge will change it's reading as the temperature of the gauge case changes (Under hood temperature). Because it's sealed to contain the liquid inside, a liquid filled gauge no longer compares line pressure to actual atmospheric pressure, reporting the difference. Instead, it compares line pressure to the pressure inside the gauge case. As the liquid in the case heats or cools, it expands and contracts, causing case pressure to change as much as 1 psi for every 30 degrees temperature change of the gauge. Will directly screw into any 1/8 NPT female port.

SC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.