Fuel line question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fuel line question

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
dan-cj7
1984 CJ7 

Fuel line question

I'm building a CJ7 up with stroker and I am using a 93 YJ as a donor. I'm thinking of using the fuel lines from the YJ. My question is, should I be concerned about the fuel supply running down the same side (left frame rail) as the exhaust? Am I worried about nothing or will I have problems with vapour lock or effiency problems?

Thanks for your advice.
Dan

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/dans-downunder-84-cj7-build-1299387/
dan-cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
Fins
1980 CJ7 

I would say route them down the passenger side all the way to the radiator across the front then down the drivers side. Just my opinion.

My CJ suffers from vapor lock because my fuel lines & filter are near the exhaust pipes. I'm hoping to fix it soon.
Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
RobsCrawlin7
no balls

2001 TJ Wrangler 

could use a heat shield? mine is ok next to my exhaust, but mine is a few inches from the frame
'79 CJ7 stock, 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_304_cj7 View Post
I used Marvel once before I took my Jeep out on the trails. I didn't get stuck all weekend so I guess it works.
SSG David Mejias, SSG Eric Vick, SGT William Bowling, SGT Robert McDowell
1 April 2007
Rest In Peace Brothers
RobsCrawlin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #4
Fins
1980 CJ7 

I have Thermo Tec express sleeves on the fuel line where it comes across from the passenger side over the transmission. And another one as it runs along the manifold up to the front of the fuel rail. I'd really like to run a whole new line as I described in my other post.

What I haven't insulated yet are the fuel line, filter and pump that are in front of the gas tank next to the exhaust.
Fins is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.