Fuel leaking out of lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fuel leaking out of lines

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
usmarine3521
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Fuel leaking out of lines

Ok I have an 84 cj7 with a sbc 350. I filled my tank this morning and when i went to get in I saw a huge puddle of fuel next to the driver side tire. I looked up into the engine bay and saw it leaking out of a green line. What is this line and why is it leaking so badly out of it?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

usmarine3521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
SleeperCJ
1983 CJ7 

I have a green fuel hose that is the vent line from the gas tank to the evap canister. Since your motor has been swapped it could be anything and the color is fairly inconsequential.
I also have an sbc with a total of 3 gas lines. 1 is supply from the tank, 2 return to the tank, and 3 is a vapor line to the canister (one from the engine and the other from the tank). Your green line could be any of these. I would suggest you trace all you fuel lines to determine which is which and replace hoses and fitting as needed. If your sbc is fuel injected your soft lines should all be high pressure fuel line made for fuel injection. Use 3/8" line for supply and 3/8" or 5/16" for return.

The supply line is the easiest to identify as it should be the biggest and is connected to the fuel pump. The others with depend on the type of intake you have.
SleeperCJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.