Fuel Injection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fuel Injection

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #1
bruced

Fuel Injection

I was looking in doing a mod on CJ-7. Changing the edelbrock carb for a fuel injection modification.

Has anybody done this? What do you think is it worth spending the money to change to fuel injection? What advantages does it have except the obvious offroad non stalling on incline and decline obstacles.

Will I get anymore horses outor will I just get more torque out. I'd like some input from people who have done such a mod?

My motor is the 304 amc, it has the edelbrock proformer kit it (manifold,cam and carburator) at the moment.

[COLOR=black]2001 TJ, 4" Tera Flex Susp, 33x12.5 Mickey Thompsons on 10" Mickey Thompson Challenger Rims, SYE Toms Woods, Throttle Body Spacer, Rubicon Express Shocks, ARB air lockers front and back, 4.56 Gear ratio, Hanson bumbers front and rear
bruced is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2004, 07:50 AM   #2
CJMONEYPIT

I recently replaced the Holley carb on my 360 with a Howell fuel injection kit. It was a fairly straight forward installation and works well. The hardest part of the install was modifying the throttle cable and rerouting the fuel lines. I have not noticed any increases in horsepower or torque, but I think it still needs a little fine tuning. Every day driveability is much improved (starting, idle, throttle response).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.