Fuel injection on a 304? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fuel injection on a 304?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
79cj7reny
1979 CJ7 

Fuel injection on a 304?

I know some of y'all have stuck FI on your 258's. Anyone convert their 304 to FI? I have a stock 304 2bbl and was wondering if it's worth the $. Any significant increase in MPG or power? I'd love to get some feedback.

79cj7reny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
bdmonist
WTF is that?

1984 CJ7 

You can actually do it failrly cheap if you junkyard it. There are kits out there, but they are pretty high.
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums...ad.php?t=47254
This is all the info you could possibly need to get it done. I am in the process right now, but with a 350. There is also a sticky at the top of the forum that has some info, but the link above is complete.

AMC 20 Write Up
In Progress - 4.56 gears, Aussie Rear Locker, Moser 1 Piece Axles
Coming Soon - CV Shafts, Welded Tubes, trusses
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2007, 01:28 AM   #3
1979CJ7
1979 CJ7 

I did it with the howell kit and have had 0 problems at all. only problems that I have had were self induced and it was a cooler kinking the fuel line and a lose wire. I would get that system
1979CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2007, 07:44 AM   #4
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

I did it 2 years ago and I have to say it was the best upgrade I have done to the Jeep. Throttle response is always there, it ALWAYS starts, it is smooth throughout all shifting, always delivers. Even better mpg.

I have an HEI setup on a 4 bbl manifold, even though it is essentially a 2 bbl setup. I couldn't find an adapter at the time to mount it up to the old manifold.

Read the write-up at the potential issues you might face. With new wires, etc. it runs a bit more then you are thinking right now. It always does.

cb

http://www.certifiablejeep.com/fuelinjection1.php

http://www.certifiablejeep.com/cost/...linjection.php

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
79cj7reny
1979 CJ7 

Hey 1979CJ7! How much did you have to spend total on the conversion? Anything that wasn't included in the kit that you had to buy? Did you use a 4bbl or 2bbl intake? Any increase in MPG?
79cj7reny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.