fuel flow problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > fuel flow problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-19-2002, 06:51 AM   #1
cjryder

fuel flow problem

I just replaced my leaky cj5 gas tank with another which is used.
The old sending unit was all bondo'd over so I used the one the the new tank. I somehow lost gas flow now.
The pump is working, I have flow from there to the carb, but not from tank to pump. Questions: Could it be the filter on the sending unit pickup? Also, there are 2 hose fittings on the sending unit, one is the fuel line to pump, what is the other?
(all my emissions stuff is long gone) can I cap it off?
There are 2 more fittings at the top rear corner of the tank also. I assume these are for emissions as well. Should they be vented or capped?

cjryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
hollywood

On the sending unit, one line is the feed to the pump, and the other is for the return line. Some CJs use a fuel filter with an extra outlet (which must be installed with extra outlet pointing up) - This was to prevent fuel vapor build-up in the fuel lines. The other two connections on the tank were for evaporative emissions control. I just have mine plugged. As for your fuel delivery problem, you'll have to pull the sending unit from the tank to make sure you're hooked to the feed. Good luck
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2002, 08:55 PM   #3
cjryder

Thanks, Hollywood. Good input about the return feed. I already ordered another sending unit so I'll just drop the tank once when it arrives.
Unread 09-11-2002, 09:50 PM   #4
xjwannabe

hey cjryder

whats up gary i got a name xjwannabe got the name from you well i have found some pretty cool jeeps. i have been asking around in here. i have got some really good info thanks for the site see you this weekend
xjwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2002, 07:24 AM   #5
cjryder

Hi back at ya, xjwannabe. Welcome aboard.
You'll love this forum, these folks are friendly.
good luck with the xj, don't rule out cj's though.
Unread 09-12-2002, 08:05 PM   #6
xjwannabe

you know i woint

i could never do that they are all the best gotta love em all
xjwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.