Fuel filter upgrades or stay stock? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fuel filter upgrades or stay stock?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 02-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

Fuel filter upgrades or stay stock?

I wanted to expand off my last post and get opinions... anything proven to work above and beyond as well as anything ya'll have had issues with i should stay away from? While im at it... im debating on putting a quarter turn shut off valve inline between the pump and filter... any thoughts?

Unread 02-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
CSP

Not knowing what your last thread was, shouldn't this just be another post added to that thread?

Kinda hard to give an opinion if you don't know what the issue is to begin with.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

My fault i put it on there as well but figured being my last thread is only a few down the line people could easily put 2 and 2 together. No big issues just due to replace it again and not a fan of the once a year its a crap shoot as to when it will spotter yelling at me to give it attention. Even if it just filters and flows better while buying x amount more life span im interested. Or otherwise anything anyone maybe have tried and wasnt happy with.
Unread 02-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

I have a canister filter before the FP. The stock filter is relocated away from the exhaust area, that has been proven as a fire source.
BTW-We aren't mind readers here. You should include a link anytime you reference another thread.
LG
Unread 02-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #5
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

Honestly ive actually never added a link nor know how to do that on my so called out dated smart phone. My apologies. Ive picked up living with and deciphering "hints" through out my years of dating women . Ive got my filter and pump mounted just forward of the tank next to the cross member. But i do have lines on the driver side of the tank roughly 8 inches away... is that what you mean? If so how did you go about moving em?
Unread 02-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

Also what do you mean by canister filter? Just the basic parts store ones? If so ive run the gauntlet with em for years (both the metal and plastic versions) and am debating on getting away from if there is anything better.
Unread 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

This and is mounted in the engine bay, below to battery tray.
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/a...ter-p-546.html

LG
Unread 02-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

Ok. Yeah that is what im looking for though trying to keep closer to the oem design for simplicity of swap. being its a daily grind jeep. I really like where you went with yours but i unfortunately lack the time to rerun everything to that extent. Though im definitely going to keep your set up hopefully for the near future. Thank you.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.