fuel filler location on cj7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > fuel filler location on cj7

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
chatham

fuel filler location on cj7

working on a fiberglass body and I need the location of the fuel filler for the body. I need the location in dimensions so I can properly mount the filler on the body. does anyone have these or get me a quick measurement.

chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
working on a fiberglass body and I need the location of the fuel filler for the body. I need the location in dimensions so I can properly mount the filler on the body. does anyone have these or get me a quick measurement.
I went through the same thing, and did not have an original tub to base measurements off of. Where is yours?

Keith has a picture with all the measurements, and I thought I had it save down but can't find it. I don't think I reposted his pic in my build thread either.
Unread 08-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

This is the only photo I have and it doesn't show that location. Measurements are for the taillight locations only.

I may have it in my rebuild notebook though. I'll have to look later on.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
chatham

no original body. would be great if you can find something keith.
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:57 AM   #5
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
no original body. would be great if you can find something keith.
The filler is centered under the tail light, which you can locate based on Keith's picture. The filler hole is almost exactly inline with the tailgate opening too, where the bottom of the cutout lines up with the tailgate bottom. Trace that onto the tub and you'll be very close. (That assumed you sprung for the tub with tailgate like I did).

On my tub, I stuck tape on where I was going to cut the tails, traced the shape, and cutout just smaller than I thought I'd need. I made small adjustments until I could fit the filler.
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
chatham

yeah no tailgate but i'll figure it out with the dimensions off keith's photo and your input. thanks
Unread 08-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #7
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Haven't located my notebook yet as it was put in storage while cleaning up the shop.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
chatham

keith don't worry about it. given the limited space with the lights that I am going to use I have decided to put it on the back corner of the passenger side of the jeep. I am going to get a tj inlet and cover and make that work.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.