FSJ Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > FSJ Springs

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

FSJ Springs

So I got me a deal on 4 brand new superlift front wagoneer springs they are the 4 inch variety. So Im expecting 4-6 inches of lift on my V8 320# driver CJ5. They are all fronts and I am not quite ready to do the flip and stretch the wheelbase yet so for now they are going in standard. They are freakking massive springs so I am expecting some stiffness out of them. They have 6 leafs with the smallest being mayber 10" so I plan on taking that lil guy out and maybe the 18"or so one above it.

Does anybody think taking it down to 4 leafs will be too much. Im guessing since they are designed for a much heavier jeep it shouldnt be a problem. If anybody else has this tall of a waggy spring or or any waggy lift spring please let me know how yours went and performs/rides.Hope to have everything mounted this weekend I am also changing my front axle to a 84 Dana 30.

I really like the Idea of a 6 inch SUA lift for stability and durability. Axle clearance isnt a big deal around here, its all belly clearance and angles.

Unread 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

Well so far it has all worked out. the springs went on with ease in stock WB configuration. I used my old rear spring plates to fit the 2.5 wide fronts. I also used my 2.5" lift rear shocks on the front and they are just aout the perfect length. My front driveshaft worked fine, and my rear driveshaft is a 79 CJ7 v8 4spd shaft cut down 1" andf it fits fine, although I did have to make a 1.25" transpercase drop because the angle was too steep. When I stretch the wheelbase, i'm hoping a cv shaft will work while moving the t-case back up. All im waiting on at the moment is extended front brake lines.

The measurements ended up being right at 6" inches above stock one leaf removed front and rear all while staying spring under.
It clears my 33s with ease and appears it will do the same for 35". Im hoping that when i stretch the wheelbase i will be able to fit 38" but i wont do that until i have re geared and beefed up my 44/9" combo.

I will get some pics of it out this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.