Front Spring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Front Spring

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-26-2002, 01:31 PM   #1
jeep1
1984 CJ8 

Front Spring

I have a 84 cj 8 that has front springs w/ 5 leaves but I think they have been rearched + add 1 leaf. I'm going to put on a Bulletproof front bumper and later a winch. Should I use the 6 or 7 leaf springs (new) to handle the extra weight? Thanks

jeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2002, 05:14 PM   #2
CJ7Jeff

I am running 5 leaf 2.5" lift springs (don't remember the brand) on the front of my CJ7. I built a bumper that is sturdier than Bullet Proof's stuff and that along with myself(a rough estimate of what a winch would weigh) I have little to no sag. My bumper probably weighs in at about 80 or so pounds. I weigh about 155-160. So with about 230 pounds on the front I don't sag.

My roommate however, purchased a Reunel front bumper and a Warn XD9000 winch(about 400 pounds total). He was running a Pro-Comp 4" lift with an extra leaf and it was still sagging almost a full inch. We just got finished pulling the springs and having 2 more leafs added to the stack. There are now 8 leafs in this thing. It looks like something off of a Peterbuilt. It is rediculous. But that is what it took to get the nose up.

Anyway, you have my rantings. Hope they didn't annoy you. I would probably try to get a friend or 2 to stand on the front bumper and see how bad it will sag. Then go from there. Hope this helps.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.