Front and rear differentials - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Front and rear differentials

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
banjer1982
1973 CJ5 

Front and rear differentials

I have been reading threads and I am confused on all the differential options out there for the Jeep I plan on building. I know this will be a big purchase and I would like to make sure I get the right ones. I have a 73 CJ5 with a 304 (may go to a 350) with the t-15 trans and d20 transfer case. I want a full size front/rear end. I plan on having either a mechanical or air locker in the rear and limited slip in the front and will have 35 inch tires. I would like to go ahead and start buying the housings so I can buy a little at a time since the components are so expensive. Will probably use 4.56 gear ratio and will be used mostly on the trail and maybe some weekend driving around town. The main three I see people talking about are dana 44's (with dana 30 in front), ford 9 inch, and toyota (don't know which one specifically).

banjer1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.