Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

front clip alignment

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jatepper 
#1 ·
does anyone have any suggestions about realigning the front clip? the passenger side fender looks higher then the driver side but has a bigger gap between it and the hood than the driver side. i cant seam to get it right.

#2 ·
mines ghetto too, i tried to fix it and nothing works....the offsetness of it makes the hood bounce ont he interstate too....however!! i am about to install some tj hood latches (minor modification) becasue they arent spring operated and will latch the hoo much more securly than the old spring latch style

#3 ·
The front clip is one of the biggest pains to align. I have had my problem forever and for some reason cannot seem to get it right...but I have improved it a lot. What I did was loosen all the bolts that go through the fenders in to the grill. Usually there is a little bit of play and you may be able to man handle the fenders a little. Also, adjusting the rods going from the fire wall to the grill in this process does help too. However, too drastic of an adjustment will result in miscellaneous gaps between the grill and the hood.

Again, just be patient with the thing. One last idea.....try loosening the body mount bolts a little bit and you may be able to adjust the angle that the grill is resting on that one center mount. This could possibly make a difference too.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.