Frame Rust - How to stop it from the inside - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Frame Rust - How to stop it from the inside

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 09-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
ctappan94
1983 CJ7 

Frame Rust - How to stop it from the inside

Alright...what do you guys use to coat the inside of your chassis to prevent rust? I need a relatively quick and effective way to do so. I live in the rust belt..soo :P

ctappan94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

If you have a new frame there are rust protectant coatings or paints you can apply. If your frame is used, it too late, all you can do is to make sure and flush out any road salt and mud/dirt/sand when you wash the Jeep.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Falcon_CMH

for the inside of the frame this looks great: http://www.eastwood.com/internal-fra...ay-nozzle.html

its not to late even if rust exists. This stuff stops rust and encapsulates it.
Unread 09-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
bkeese
1949 CJ3A 

Answered in your other thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.