Frame Paint - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Frame Paint

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-10-2001, 08:05 AM   #1
Guy Hollister

Frame Paint

Just painted the exposed bits of my CJ frame with "Hammerite Underbody Seal" ... looks good ... very thick stuff ... like a thinner version of street tar... and coated the frame rails nicely... a bit spaced out now as its got some serious fumes

After my new bright red top coat the frame was looking a bit odd being covered in dry light brown mud colour... much nicer now ALL BLACK ... reminds me of the greatest rugby team on earth.

g

Unread 11-10-2001, 09:23 AM   #2
Darko

I have those side mirrors if you want them
Unread 11-11-2001, 08:20 AM   #3
Guy Hollister

put on another coat today... and also painted the gas tank.... wich is highly visible from the rear now the body lifts on...

Whole thing looks fantastic... also painted the rear inner walls [inside of the tyres] as theyre very visible with the lifts.

If you want a fast way to clean up the jeep this is the way... really tops off the new paint job.

g
Unread 11-11-2001, 07:23 PM   #4
mud4me

I sand blasted my frame and sprayed on POR15, then painted over the POR15 with a semigloss paint.

Anyone have any good or bad comments about POR15?

I used it because I have a freind who restores street rods and swears by it.
Unread 11-12-2001, 10:27 AM   #5
ArbLockerBoy

I have por15ed various areas on my CJ. axels, fender walls, and the frame have been sand blasted and painted with por15. The por15 seems to stick well to areas that previously had rust. Infact I tried to scratch it off with metal tools and it won't come off. I tried hard and couldn't dent the stuff. BUT some the areas that were smooth with no rust are peeling off. I'm letting the stuff peel off, rust, and then I will reapply the por15. My opinion: the stuff is great for rusted areas only. If I had a do-over, I don't think I would use it. But the stuff is sticking GREAT to my axels and won't come off, even after hard weeling. Umm, I just can't make up my mind about the stuff
Unread 11-12-2001, 02:55 PM   #6
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

LockerBoy

Check out the whole line of stuff by the co. that makes POR15. I think (not sure) that thay make varous prep stuf that you can use on good clean bare metal that will make the POR15 stick like glue. The make metallic fillers and etchers also.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2001, 03:53 PM   #7
Guy Hollister

http://www.por15.com/

They make loads... i use it all the time... and its awesome... takes ages to dry but when it is - hard as nails.

POR =Stands for= Paint On Rust

Guy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.