Frame - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Frame

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 12-17-2002, 10:28 AM   #1
Hammer71

Frame

any good places in NY to get a good frame (new or used) for cj7 not sure i want to fix the one i have or not or that i can by the way im on a budget so price is a concern any help is appreciated

Hammer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2002, 12:01 PM   #2
4wheeler4CJ

I have one in Rhode Island. CJ7 Frame...It is a good solid frame, I welded new body mounts and welded a patch plate at the very rear of one side. Those were the only areas needing repair. It's a nice frame. It was sanded down clean and painted yellow by the previous owner, there is no rust scale or anything. I was simply going to take the yellow back off, as it looks like a school bus. (I prefer to paint a frame black, who the heck wants to bring attention to something as ugly as a frame???)

I was going to start another CJ project from scratch, but I have a feeling it will be way down the road, so I hate to see this it around now, and want to sell it. I am looking to get $400 for it.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2002, 10:18 AM   #3
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

Of course the quality of the frame will depend on the amount of money you want to spend.

Advanced Frame Works sells incredible frames, 2x4 box tubing mandrel bent (No wringles).
Price I think is around $1600, I know it is a lot, but good things cost money.
I believe they give one away every so often.

If you have the bucks they will put on a coil spring suspension.

Good Luck,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.