found this 360 in my backyard what you think
So I was clearing the grass in the back yard of my new place and I found this Amc 360 covered under a bunch of brush. I am thinking of cleaning it up and building it. Do you guys thinks it can be saved? Also do any of you guys know If I can bore it out to .60 and still be able to pass california smog laws. so trying to upload photos but it is not working for some reason
got a pic?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
Before you go spending any money, find out EXACTLY what is required to pass smog from someone who actually knows.
I'd rather be lost on the trails than found at home!
Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
The landloard told me the last tenet was into jeeps. He must have forgoten he had it back there. Not to sure how you forget you have an engine on a stand in the yard but I'll take it. Now I have two 360's to build for my projects
A Carquest machine shop quoted me a price of $600-$800 for machine work on my 360, and a master rebuild kit would probably run about the same with a performance cam. I've seen rebuilt long blocks on EBay with free shipping for around $2000. These AMC engines are pricey! I'll probably just go with a long block with a warranty.
Originally Posted by jetmech1 View Post
Here is a partial list of expenses on my build:
1. Engine core - $150
2. Machine shop (dipped, bead blasted, bored 30-over, 3-angle valve job, crank balancing, and complete head assembly) - $1400
3. Federal Mogul master re-build kit - $475
4. New Performer Intake - $240
5. Remanufactured Q-Jet carb - $250
6. New flywheel - $150
7. New harmonic balancer - $115
8. Bultear oil pump kit - $314 (I could have re-used the old one, but I decided a new one was cheap insurance)
9. Bultear serpentine kit - $400 (vanity item...looks and works great, but wasn't necessary)
10. Lunati Voodoo cam kit - $270
11. Sealed Power intake and SS exhaust valves - $250
12. Comp Cams pushrods - $100
13. Grade 8 stainless steel bolt kit - $189 (another vanity item, standard bolts would have been considerably cheaper)
14. Remanufactured "Team Rushed" Motorcraft distributer - $100
15. MSD Module and coil - $300
16. Bultear rockers and bridges - $150
Total = $4853
These were just the big ticket items, off the top of my head. It doesn't include all the small purchases, like hoses, plugs and wires, fittings, cleaning supplies, paint, specialty tools etc... Nor does it include the $2K I spent at the dyno shop.
If I found an AMC 360 in my back yard, I'd probably bury it.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|