Originally Posted by jetmech1
These AMC engines are pricey!
Tell me about it.
Here is a partial
list of expenses on my build:
1. Engine core - $150
2. Machine shop (dipped, bead blasted, bored 30-over, 3-angle valve job, crank balancing, and complete head assembly) - $1400
3. Federal Mogul master re-build kit - $475
4. New Performer Intake - $240
5. Remanufactured Q-Jet carb - $250
6. New flywheel - $150
7. New harmonic balancer - $115
8. Bultear oil pump kit - $314 (I could have re-used the old one, but I decided a new one was cheap insurance)
9. Bultear serpentine kit - $400 (vanity item...looks and works great, but wasn't necessary)
10. Lunati Voodoo cam kit - $270
11. Sealed Power intake and SS exhaust valves - $250
12. Comp Cams pushrods - $100
13. Grade 8 stainless steel bolt kit - $189 (another vanity item, standard bolts would have been considerably cheaper)
14. Remanufactured "Team Rushed" Motorcraft distributer - $100
15. MSD Module and coil - $300
16. Bultear rockers and bridges - $150
Total = $4853
These were just the big ticket items, off the top of my head. It doesn't include all the small purchases, like hoses, plugs and wires, fittings, cleaning supplies, paint, specialty tools etc... Nor does it include the $2K I spent at the dyno shop.
If I found an AMC 360 in my back yard, I'd probably bury it.