fore/aft44 swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > fore/aft44 swap

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-11-2002, 09:26 PM   #1
MB83CJ7

fore/aft44 swap

I have a 83 7 with one piece yukon/amc 20 axle 3.54 and a lockright,model 30 3.54 front. But am considering Scout 44's front and rear. I wonder if anyone is familiar w/ the swap, what would make it succsesful?

MB83CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2002, 10:26 PM   #2
SamFromCO

The Scout front axle has 0° caster so you will have to have the knuckles cut off, rotated and welded back on. I'm not sure of the pad to pad width of the Scout but I think that you might have to move them or outboard your springs.
Unread 03-12-2002, 11:50 AM   #3
MB83CJ7

thanx for the help Sam.
MB83CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.