Ford swap, roll over valve, charcoal cannister question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Ford swap, roll over valve, charcoal cannister question

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 12-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
yellowreg26
1982 CJ7 

Ford swap, roll over valve, charcoal cannister question

Hey Guys,

I'm new member to the forum but have used it for a while now to get a ton of information. My project is a 82 CJ7 with a fiberglass body. It's a project that the PO gave up on. So far i have the drive train is in as well as the carburated Ford 351W. The suspension is OME and this forum was my saving grace. It was a really easy swap after reading what everyone else discovered. I used the search function but cant seem to get an answer to this....
I'm about to start running all new fuel lines. With this swap, do I need to keep the roll over valve and charcoal canister? It may be a stupid question but I can't figure it out. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I have a million other questions but this is the next part I'm going to tackle. Thanks!!

yellowreg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowreg26 View Post
With this swap, do I need to keep the roll over valve and charcoal canister?
I would. You can use the Ford canister if you prefer.
Spieg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
CSP

x2, keep it in place. The need to vent the tank has nothing to do with the engine.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
yellowreg26
1982 CJ7 

thanks for the replies. So if I'm understanding this right, I should just run the vent line up to the canister and plug the other ports on the canister?
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowreg26 View Post
thanks for the replies. So if I'm understanding this right, I should just run the vent line up to the canister and plug the other ports on the canister?
No, you'll still need a purge signal line and purge line for the canister to function properly.

If you're running a carb, you may want to connect the bowl vent, as well.

Good luck,

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
yellowreg26
1982 CJ7 

Thanks Matt! That's exactly what I needed. I appreciate the reply.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.