Ford swap, roll over valve, charcoal cannister question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Ford swap, roll over valve, charcoal cannister question

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
yellowreg26
1982 CJ7 

Ford swap, roll over valve, charcoal cannister question

Hey Guys,

I'm new member to the forum but have used it for a while now to get a ton of information. My project is a 82 CJ7 with a fiberglass body. It's a project that the PO gave up on. So far i have the drive train is in as well as the carburated Ford 351W. The suspension is OME and this forum was my saving grace. It was a really easy swap after reading what everyone else discovered. I used the search function but cant seem to get an answer to this....
I'm about to start running all new fuel lines. With this swap, do I need to keep the roll over valve and charcoal canister? It may be a stupid question but I can't figure it out. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I have a million other questions but this is the next part I'm going to tackle. Thanks!!

yellowreg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowreg26 View Post
With this swap, do I need to keep the roll over valve and charcoal canister?
I would. You can use the Ford canister if you prefer.
Spieg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
CSP

x2, keep it in place. The need to vent the tank has nothing to do with the engine.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
yellowreg26
1982 CJ7 

thanks for the replies. So if I'm understanding this right, I should just run the vent line up to the canister and plug the other ports on the canister?
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowreg26 View Post
thanks for the replies. So if I'm understanding this right, I should just run the vent line up to the canister and plug the other ports on the canister?
No, you'll still need a purge signal line and purge line for the canister to function properly.

If you're running a carb, you may want to connect the bowl vent, as well.

Good luck,

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
yellowreg26
1982 CJ7 

Thanks Matt! That's exactly what I needed. I appreciate the reply.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.