Ford 9in rear issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Ford 9in rear issues

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 01-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
CJ7RAY
1985 CJ7 

Ford 9in rear issues

I just picked up a Ford Granada 9in rear (with drums). This will be going in my `85 CJ-7. My issues with this is the axle bolt pattern. Anyone know of a junk yard / parts store way to make these a 5 on 5.5? I will be going through this and adding a locker, 4:56 gears and 31 spline axles.

CJ7RAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Why dont you go to Currie Enterprises they sell axles for the 9
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
Jack61
1981 CJ7 

I have a ford 9" in mine and had to have custom axles made but I narrowed the rear to have the same track width as the front. Do you plan to narrow your axle? If not you could have the axle flanges redrilled to 5x5.5 but I personally think you would be better off to get a set of truck axles and have them cut down to fit the car housing.
Unread 01-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
dandd
1982 CJ8 

I have a early bronco (77) WMS-WMS 58". They are 5x5.5 and get the axles at from any bronco shop or Currie. I have 35 spline with exploer disc. You could get it cut down to a Bronco width have the large bearing ends welded on and then go stock Bronco axles. Add 1.25-1.5 in wheel spacer on the front and have them both ~58". This works nice for 33-35's.

I see your in Southern Cal. BC bronco (I believe therer in SoCal) has a ford 9 with CJ disc rear setup, same disc all the why around NICE!

Last edited by dandd; 01-28-2013 at 11:59 AM..
dandd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
CJ7RAY
1985 CJ7 

I just looked at BC Bronco web site and I think they have with I need from axles to brake stuff.
Thx for the info.
CJ7RAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
dg6772
1986 CJ7 

D&R driveline in Grand Rapids, Michigan can also make whatever you need. (616-667-1308) I've had many things built there. Quality workmanship.
dg6772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
dandd
1982 CJ8 

CJRay.

The spring pirches I used were from M.O.R.E. (Mountain Off Road) and had three mounting holes (center, 1" forward and back) by moving the axle 1" forward on a cj8 let the tire tuck much better into the wheel well it may also help on a CJ7.
dandd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.