flywheel help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > flywheel help

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 01-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Stapes

flywheel help

The problem I have is that someone lost my flywheel bolts an I cant seem to find any anywhere...If I remeber correctly they are 1/2in x 20 thread x 5/8 long but I ve been to every place an no one can get them under 7/8 in long an thats to long....Has anyone ever been able to find any, and if so would you be so nice to tell me where....Thank you....

Stapes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Don't know what Jeep you have but 4WD has this. Could probably still get them at the dealer as well.

Flywheel Attaching Kit and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware

or this

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=11988
VACJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

I may have some. I'll take a look and let ya know.

77' CJ-7 84' CJ-7 83' Chevy K10
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
Stapes

Thanks big joe and pwa fcva what i have is a 1979 cj 7 with 304 auto tranny the ones i have now are 3/4 to 7/8 in long an they hit the motor when tightened up....
Stapes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
LSUtiger
1980 CJ5 

this was a post from a couple of days ago
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/fl...o-long-942990/
Unread 01-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapes View Post
Thanks big joe and pwa fcva what i have is a 1979 cj 7 with 304 auto tranny the ones i have now are 3/4 to 7/8 in long an they hit the motor when tightened up....
Then you don't need flywheel bolts. You need flexplate bolts, which are shorter (flexplates are dignificantly thinner than flywheels. Make sure you are asking for the correct parts.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.