fly wheel problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > fly wheel problem

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-29-2005, 12:54 AM   #1
outdoordad@comc

fly wheel problem

have an 86 cj7 with an 86 bellhousing and an 87b wrangler motor. Found out what my motor noise was .... the starter is engaged from bolt up???? WTF ? anyone else have this problem? I have an 86 flywheel and will check thei diff out tomorrow but on the 87 the flywheel teeth are right next to the inspection plate or dust shield? any words of wisdom here are GREATLY APPRECIATED.... did the machine shop give me the wrong fly wheel? the clearance from the bottom id edge of the flywheel to bellhousing is about 1/8th of an inch.... sound right? this is the 87 flywheel..... well until the later eve help me out friends

happy hew year
Sean

outdoordad@comc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
Rockram1

I wouldn't think they would be different. I wonder if they didn't put it on backwards or if thats possible.
Unread 12-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #3
outdoordad@comc

good thought but i was the one that put it on originally, and after taking the one from my old motor out there its completely different in style.... i had recieved the wrong flywheel from the shop. kinda pisses me off but at least this will get done now.
outdoordad@comc is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.