JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep CJ Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Florida peeps...need help (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/florida-peeps-need-help-1543920/)

PROJECT 23 07-02-2013 07:53 AM

Florida peeps...need help

So, as you all know I'm on the prowl for a nice set of original chrome wagon wheels for Project 23. Well, one of our site members has a set listed on Ebay, but she won't ship nor will she seperate the wheels and tires. This is where you come into play.
I'm looking for somebody to split up the package as I don't need the tires. I will pay for the wheels, shipping and the removal of the tires from the wheels.
If you're interested in helping me out, please either PM me or just post here.
Here's the link to the Ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271230529716...1#ht_331wt_911

PROJECT 23 07-02-2013 01:06 PM

Nobody?

skizriz 07-02-2013 01:16 PM

Shouldn't this be in the classifird section?

PROJECT 23 07-02-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skizriz (Post 15633075)
Shouldn't this be in the classifird section?

Nope!!! This has to do with CJ's and helping another site member with getting something they need.
Thanks for the free bump though :2thumbsup:

PROJECT 23 07-02-2013 03:37 PM

I guess this idea can be scratched. Trying to help a fellow member get some half way decent tires while I get the wheels I've been searching and searching for. Guess I'll just keep waiting till a set comes up locally......

Nereussailor 07-02-2013 03:37 PM

If I was a little closer I'd do it. I have a friend looking for 31" tires. PM me and maybe we can work something out. It all depends on price.

PROJECT 23 07-02-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nereussailor (Post 15633596)
If I was a little closer I'd do it. I have a friend looking for 31" tires. PM me and maybe we can work something out. It all depends on price.

I'd break it right down the middle for the Ebay BIN price, plus shipping and removal of the tires. I would probably be game to throw in a bit more for your time, fuel, etc.

Nereussailor 07-02-2013 05:54 PM

I won't make any promises, but let me talk to the guy that's looking for tires and we'll see what we can do. Jacksonville is about 3.5 hrs from here. It might have to be a road trip. I wanted to go to Daytona anyways. There was a guy up there that has a windshield frame that I need.

PROJECT 23 07-02-2013 07:50 PM

How much does the guy want for the windshield frame?

Nereussailor 07-03-2013 02:11 PM

Hey Project 23, We might have something going here if we can put it all together in time. I talked to the guy that wants the tires, and he's going to consult with his better half to see if they can do it financially. The tires are for her Toyota. I was going to sell her my 33's but they wouldn't quite fit. It turns out his wife's parents are from Jacksonville, which makes things all the better. I'm willing to make the run up there. and pick up the rims. I can't get all 4 wheels and tires in my Jeep or my Nissan Sentra, so she said I could leave the tires at her mom's house. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I think $300 is a fair price for the tires if they're in as good of condition as she says. If they want them, I'll get the tires removed and just charge you the cost to ship the rims. I've got plenty of boxes and packing material, so that's covered. Some gas money would be cool. I can get all 4 rims in the nissan, so it won't be like taking the CJ. (That would be like $80)

jaxfljeep 07-03-2013 02:26 PM

I saw that she has also listed these on craigslist here in Jax. I do not need the tires, but would be willing to help if I can.

RDH 07-04-2013 08:07 AM

She's a little high on price IMO. Those have the older Timberline tread pattern.

PROJECT 23 07-04-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDH
She's a little high on price IMO. Those have the older Timberline tread pattern.

Supply and demand comes into play here especially with the wheels. Also, getting a set of tires for $300 is always a bonus. The tread might be the older pattern, but some of my underwear have old tread (skid) marks and they still work like the day I bought them.

wellmax 07-04-2013 09:38 AM

word to the wise on those old tires:

many old jeeps do not get many miles.
a nice looking set of tires may look almost new, but may have a date code of 10 years old and should no longer be run on the highway.

just a word to the wise.

PROJECT 23 07-04-2013 12:22 PM

Thanks for everybody's concern with the tires. The buyer is probably a big boy and knows what to look for when buying tires.

The time now is 03:48 AM.