Floor panel replacement questions. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Floor panel replacement questions.

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 09-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #16
KingSmoth
1978 CJ5 

I was planning on buying the full floorpan myself, but according to my mechanic friend who's helping me with the work, I don't have near enough damage to the actual floor to warrant a total swap. However, the support channels on the bottom are completely eaten away.
My friend is going to weld in replacement metal and fab the channels, but due to mine being completely eaten away, we're uncertain if the channels are completely flat(so he can make them out of box steel without issue), or if they have bends in them. In some pics they appear to have different heights along the channel, in others it appears that people have fabbed completely flat channels. Any info would be appreciated.

KingSmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #17
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

The inboard and outboard braces (support channels) are not flat, there are several bends. See here.
http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #18
Lawless_Jeep
1985 CJ7 

My gosh, this is a great thread! I have to begin this exact same work on my 7 next Spring.

Tags
body mount , floor , panel

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.