Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Flat fenders on CJs.....go/no-go?

8K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  4S50 
#1 ·
I could use some tube fenders on my CJ. I also like the look of them, well some of them.

I do get the "it's your CJ, do what you want" idea, but would like to hear opinions on the subject. I would not exlude purist/stocker guys opinions either. Our Cj is not stock, but has a distinct CJ look that is nice and appealling (to me at least). When I first got her, I had every intention of swapping out the stock fenders for tubed fenders. Now that I am ready to do it, I am hesitant. I will remove them complete in the event I want to swap back or just to keep them with the old girl as OE gear.

Most of the offroad damage is on the fenders, so I could, in reality use them. Anyone already done it and is happy or not? Pics are always cool.

Thanks for any input!

:tea:

#40 ·
MattL, that looks like Kane Creek Canyon!
As far as the vents, I have never had temp related issues but they do seem to let hot air out when it is running. I have an auxillary tranny cooler mounted under the battery tray and the panel seems to help its air flow. The access panels also make it much easier to bolt the fenders to the tub.

Attachments

#41 ·
Everything i do around the engine would be better if it had a heat lowering value. I am running a jumped up SBC.

#42 ·
You can buy the genright vents from them direct for around $50. I got them, just havent put them in yet. I figure Im in $250 + 25 shipping for fenders with vents, since these are basically exact copies of the genrights, so about half the cost. Took about 2 hours total to tack and mount the CCfab ones in.

#46 ·
WSS, thanks. It is kind of a sleeper, and gets around pretty good. That pic is at the end of Metal Masher, and it is steep and slick! I looked at tube fenders for about a year before I finally decided to go with the genright and am glad I did. I have busy that went with poison spider and they lok good too, but I prefer the front taper of the genright a.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.