AN fitting question (hydroboost) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > AN fitting question (hydroboost)

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 05-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
Offroaddaddy
1986 CJ7 

AN fitting question (hydroboost)

Hey all,
I have a newb question... Need help!

I ordered and received a vanco hybroboost kit for the CJ.

How do I assemble these hose coupling parts? (AN fittings?) I just don't want to take a chance doing this wrong since this is the brakes I'm working with.
Please see picture attached. Thank you
Paul

img_00000221.jpg  
Offroaddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Offroaddaddy
1986 CJ7 

Found this video...vid is for fuel line, but safe to say procedure is the same for my hydroboost pressure line?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=puIoA...%3DpuIoAa5RRBs
Offroaddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
bligon64

1974 CJ5 

I usually use those for diesel fuel when hooking up to generators. I couldn't play the video but your probably going to need some grease, a bench vice, and probably a helper to either push down on the piece that goes into the hose or to turn the wrench while you apply pressure. Best of luck an just keep trying.
bligon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

If in doubt, take it to a hydraulic repair place and have them do it. Chances are it will take them 5min and most will do it for free.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.