Fire! could use some help here... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fire! could use some help here...

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
Fletchlives85CJ
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits View Post
The REAL FSM should have that info.
Word-Don't 110% even the FSM to have all the wire color correct.
What's your insurance have to say?
LG
Copy that on the FSM, I cant even read most of the schematics in my copy...I have enough insurance to keep me road legal. I got this Jeep for Nada, and have about $800 tied up in it at this time...not including the MasterCraft seats I got for Christmas...

Fletchlives85CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #17
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchlives85CJ View Post
Thought about this a while ago when building my Chevy, super nice equipment...price tag is outta my reach though...
My batteries cost more, much more. I looked into a few systems and this one rated high and was not too bad cost wise.

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #18
Fletchlives85CJ
1985 CJ7 

Fired it up, and drove it around the property a bit. I got power steering working, idles decent, and head lights are in fact improved! My cheapo Chinese headlight harness will be upgraded to true 10 Ga hot/ground and ceramic plugs before I upgrade to H4's.To recap...I fried my electrical to include my headlights when I had a gas fueled engine fire. Fixed / replaced fire damaged engine related vacuum, wiring. I bought the heavy duty harness from LMC truck that adds relays to the headlight system and had enough stock headlight harness to leave a plug so I can add High, and Low beam driven relays for the offroad lights I have now, and the fogs I intend to get later. The connectors were easy to disassemble, so I took them apart, and soldered each one, and liberally packed each in dialectric grease. Will be driving it to work tomorrow with a fresh fire extinguisher stowed on my b-bar...
Unread 01-02-2014, 06:21 AM   #19
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Glad to hear you are up and running!
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:11 PM   #20
Fletchlives85CJ
1985 CJ7 

UPDATE... the headlight upgrade is incredible! I had sad yellow "old school" headlights before, after my harness upgrade (also went with "Sylvania Silverstars" ) with relays I had to get serious about my lamp adjustment...people were bein blinded in oncoming traffic. I adjusted my lamps down, AND right...everybody is happy now.
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #21
Fletchlives85CJ
1985 CJ7 

That fire was a blessing in disguise!

I had already planned on doing the headlight harness upgrade (I used one from LMC Truck heavy duty headlight harness 97-85 pickup for about $30.00), but was reluctant due to my inexperience with 'lectrickle things. My Jeep literally lit a fire under me to get it done... When I first got this thing the headlights were the equivalent to driving by candle light I took the Sylvania Silverstars out of my mud truck, and it was improved to a reasonable amount of light at moderate speeds, and since my Jeep doesn't go any faster than moderate speed, I figured why mess with it. Then I had a fire that destroyed my headlight/turn signal harness so I pulled the trigger. It was incredibly simple to do with the information in this here lil thread, and it netted me BRIGHT AS FRICK headlights as well as a factory plug (leftovers from original unburned section of harness) to tap off for off road lights, and foglight relays to be switched by high/low relays!! I cobbled up a similar rig for my mudder but it was a lil more (too) complicated due to my aforementioned inexperience...all I can say is this upgrade is incredible! Prior to this I was considering going to H-4's, but this setup is on par with what I expected from THAT upgrade, as well as making it easy to replace at F.L.A.P.S.. Slap yourself now if you plan on settling for factory issued dimness... Thanks for all the help guys! still lookin for some underhood plastic parts if anybody knows where I might find them...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.