Finally some SNOW - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Finally some SNOW

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #31
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

I don't wanna see anything like 77-78 till the rust bucket is on the road. But nothing was on the road then. Something about not being able to handle 6-15' drifts.

84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #32
JCJ
1985 CJ7 

I was enjoying the beginning of this storm until I got wrecked this morning on the freeway on the way into work.. Some ******nozzle passed me doing at least 75 tried cutting in front of of me and lost it. I almost saved it a few times but the tank slappers got the better of me and the ditch and center cable dividers got the best of my CJ..

But, I drove it away, only in a Jeep..

No so bad, RF fender is folded up into the wheel well, front bumper is junk and a fist size dent in the RR fender. Steering wheel is off about 60 degrees so I do have some suspension damage, hopefully just a toe link or something like that that I needed to upgrade anyway..

so now I can beat the crap out of it, it has it's first scratch. I don't think this one will buff out..
JCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #33
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

We got snow, about an 1.5" and still snowing...
Not nearly as bad as they said it would be!
I'm happy about that!!!
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #34
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
I've traded in my snow shovel for a homemade flame thrower and snow blade!
HeHe! thats something ive never seen used in the snow!! got a video??

Mike D.
twoleos617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:33 AM   #35
Bow-hunt-er
1978 CJ7 

It's warmed up to 12* here, have between 2 & 3 feet on the ground & calling for another 8 - 12" tonight. Snow wouldnt be bad, but that darn wind
Unread 01-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #36
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

1-2" this afternoon, 1-3" tonight, 2-4" tomorrow.. That's our predictions for the next 2 days. We'll see..

JCJ - glad to hear all survived with only minor bumps and bruises!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #37
84MSRB
1984 CJ7 

Just be careful out there- we all know Jeeps are tanks, but the road is occupied with total idiots. Drove up on a wreck on my way home- Tanker crossed the median, took out a shuttle bus full of special needs adults. One of the employees on the bus was our QBs mother. 4 dead (including her), 9 injured.
84MSRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #38
-AC-
1977 CJ5 

JeepHammer, you took me totally the wrong way. All I meant, from the way you talked about your farm days in the past tense and the way you have described what you do for a living now, was that it didn't sound like you still farmed. When you said that's why you joined the Marines at 17 years and 1 day old, I took it for granted that you had had enough of farming and hadn't gone back.

Don't get 'em in a bunch, I wasn't implying that you've gone soft...
Unread 01-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #39
ccbhunter14
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingBlu View Post
I didnt know that their were this many people who post on here regularly from the ohio area. awesome stuff .. people to share the pains of ohio weather with =)
no kidding this ohio weather can just be a pain
ccbhunter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #40
mcurcio1989
1976 CJ7 

I love Ohio weather we have cold winters and hot summers. I am not a fan of all the in between business tho. I like it to be one extreme or the other. Just got done ice skating down the river about a mile and a half. Went para sailing on the ice the other day. Life's good. I just wish i had a four wheeler. We got about four inches or so on top of the two we already had not much really but its the first real snow of the season so.

I have a dana 30 front axle and amc 20 rear if anyone is looking. Both are 3.54, drums, narrowtrack.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #41
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurcio1989 View Post
I love Ohio weather we have cold winters and hot summers. I am not a fan of all the in between business tho. I like it to be one extreme or the other. Just got done ice skating down the river about a mile and a half. Went para sailing on the ice the other day. Life's good. I just wish i had a four wheeler. We got about four inches or so on top of the two we already had not much really but its the first real snow of the season so.
I agree- heck with the nasty rain and slop in between - Deep snow or hot sunny days!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #42
rishar1
1973 CJ5 

Man I love Ky snows. Pulled 5 people out of ditchs last night and pocketed 70 bucks. Plus I got to play around in all this wonderful snow, just wish there was a little more of it. The snow piles in the parking lots explode nicely at about 35 mph.
rishar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #43
HighFive
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishar1 View Post
Man I love Ky snows. Pulled 5 people out of ditchs last night and pocketed 70 bucks. Plus I got to play around in all this wonderful snow, just wish there was a little more of it. The snow piles in the parking lots explode nicely at about 35 mph.
And at 25 mph you drive right up and over them.
Unread 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #44
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AC- View Post
Don't get 'em in a bunch, I wasn't implying that you've gone soft...
I have gone soft, especially around the middle!
And I've got a pretty good cushion 'Out Back' also!

I say I've lost 20 lbs., the guys I hang out with say,
"Look behind you, you'll find it!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I did have one of the most pleasing experiences this morning while I was cleaning off the little womans car and melting off the FSJ...

A guy that was bragging about his $50K H-2 earlier this year slid off a corner this morning right up the block from me and had to ask ME and my $1,200 FJS to come and pull him out!
I looked up just in time to see him get high centered on a ditch bank!
Classic!

I SO WISH I had a camera so I could post up a pic of a 25 year old FSJ that's beat to crap pulling a brand new H-2 out of the ditch!
------------------------------------

Not bad here, only 2-3 inches, but these people have NO IDEA HOW TO DRIVE IN IT!

So far, I've had three trucks and a mini-van get sideways or backwards in front of me in the last two days.
Good thing I leave a good following distance between myself and the guy in front of me or I could have had all of them for lunch!

Our 'Ever On The Ball' police force has been issuing tickets for the guys that are scraping streets and parking lots with CHAINS ON...
Nearly got one myself! Wasn't enough snow, so I took the chains off.

You would think the guys that are willing to scrap off the city streets and side roads for free would get a pass.... BUT NOOOOOOO!

The guys with 4 wheelers and snow blades were getting tickets also even though they were the first out and most effective at getting into smaller drives in the neighborhood!

These guys are making GOOD MONEY in some of the business parking lots,
But some of the others, like the disabled group home, and a bunch of the older citizens they do for free.
We need more 'Andy Taylor' and less 'Barny Fife' around here!
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #45
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

Not too bad around my area. Around 4 or so inches I would guess. We'll have some fun with the quads and jeeps this weekend. I'll pull my son around behind the quad and hook the hood sled up behind the jeep for the adults. I had the tractor out last night clearing drives. We have to rely on the farmers in the area to clear the roads until the afternoons when the county finally makes it out to my area. It's funny to see a cop car/suv following a tractor clearing the roads. I love living in the country.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permision.
Salad is what food eats!!!
http://emptypocketsoffroad.org/
78treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.