Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Finally ready for her Debut..my "Mistress"

4K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  ErikEastman 
#1 ·
After more work, money, and time than I care to remember I'm finally ready to show her off. 1983 Jeep CJ7. 258 I-6; The engine is brand new and built by Promar Engines, Red top D.U.I. ignition and cables. Holley 4 brll Off-Road Avenger Carb, T-5 transmission. Dana 300 transfer case; Rear end has 4.56 gears w/detroit locker and one-peice axle shafts. Front end has 4.56's with a TruTrac limited slip differential. The entire undercarriage was treated to prevent rust and coated using the full Rust Seal protectant system. Full-size swing away tire carrier. Warn 12K winch-tabor model; hi-lift jack mounted to front bumper; Interior has rhino-liner sprayed in, infinity sound system with four speakers and amp with satellite radio capable radio with auxiliary hook up for Ipod/MP3; all wires run underneath for a wireless appearance. Brand new fuel gauge/speedometer/mileage instruments. Brand new fuel sensor; fuel gauge works; brand new gas tank.. Brand new exhaust system. 35X12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws x 4 plus the full-size spare.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
A true feat of patience, energy, and mental illness only a handful of people will ever understand...It's beautiful. Thanks for keeping the spirit of the CJ alive....

#6 ·
couldn't have said it better myself. heres to the disease! :cheers2:

#7 ·
Nice.Patience and money
Did you have to take off the brake booster to accomodate the carb?
Like the speakers.
Didn't think that DUI was that big.Hope it all works out with lots of years of service for your effort

#9 ·
FrnchDp.....As we all are very aware, no project is ever truly finished! Since these photos I have fixed the windshield, but I would like some black oil and temp gauges....and a full roll cage, and put TJ mirrors on it, full soft doors, lights mounted by base of windshield, shocks, sway bar disconnects, and...etc....etc....and....etc...to infinity and beyond

#13 ·
FrnchpDp...no offense at all.....appreciate the comments....I've been on several of these forums and this one is by far the best I've ever seen; everyone here is great, helpful, and down to earth. In other words, not just Jeep people, ...CJ people!

#14 ·
thenewguy21......I've wheeled it some already, Stoney Lonesome Off-Road Park in Alabama. This is my first CJ so I'm getting used to what her limits are, but I'm thrilled with how it's going so far.....will update with some "dirty pics" so she will not get the reputation as a mall crawler.

#16 ·
cj's have no limits.

j/k, a cj like yours is far more capable than most think, you will be surprised how far it will go.

#15 ·
nice work! :highfive:

#17 ·
Very nice lookin rig!:thumbsup: I hope mine looks as clean and well put together as yours when she's all finished. I always thought the various "pod" speakers would look ugly and out of place in my jeep, but seeing them in yours has changed my mind. They seem to fit in quite nicely. At this point, though, speakers are WAAAYYYY down the road:laugh:!

#20 ·
My first trip out in it since getting it "finished" and by finished I mean everything running/working like I want. Still plenty to be done. I avoid crazy mud which is how I keep the clean look, but I'll get down in some. I mostly enjoy trails....been to Superlift Off Road Park in Arkansas, drove Hell's Revenge at Moab, and been to Stony Lonesome in AL; now I live a couple of hours from the Rubicon in NorCal...problem is, the Jeep is still in AL

Attachments

#22 ·
RedCJ83 said:
...now I live a couple of hours from the Rubicon in NorCal...problem is, the Jeep is still in AL
Great looking '7!!

Are you planning on getting the CJ to NorCal eventually?

If so, please resist the urge to chop it up! It seems to be the current trend for the folks on the Rubicon these days, even though a mildly/tastefully built CJ can hold its own.

#26 ·
Yep, she's (he's?) a great-looking rig.

Personally, I'd be hesitant to wheel it for fear of the one-off, "Nevada Pin Stripe" on the paint.

I have an identical crack in the windshield. Same location with regard to the side wall and same angle upward but mine's on the driver's side. New rubber install "woopsie" ?

Again, it looks great. Well done :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.