Finally Got The Front Differental In The Jeep! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Finally Got The Front Differental In The Jeep!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Finally Got The Front Differental In The Jeep!

Getting my front diff housing in the little barn dwelling Jeep has been a pain in the butt!
(Bad Back, Can't lift it by myself)

Had a friend over this morning, and we got the gears set up,
A little sloppy, about 0.012" lash, but they are used gears and I'm going to slap a D-44 under there in the future, so it will live though the weekend (I HOPE!)

Brake lines are driving me NUTS!
I'm putting disc brakes on the front of this thing while it's apart, and finding fitting that fit the lines is driving me crazy!
You would think a town with 5 parts stores would have fittings... You would think....

Still keeping the manual brakes (this ain't no 'Barbie Jeep'!) so I have to change the master cylinder while I'm at it and make up lines that fit...
Lot's of sore fingers/knuckles from that manual double flaring tool!

Anyway, looks like I *Might* have the little goat on the trail for Memorial day weekend!
That would be good! Mostly stock, mostly junk, and 100% 'Hillbilly Engineered'!

Got over 1 Foot of water in the garage yesterday afternoon!
Rained 3" in just over 20 minutes here, flash flooding everywhere, over 2' deep in my back yard!

My Backyard, 21-May-10

Everything in the garage floor got wet, and my fuel tank actually floated away and I had to chase it down!

SO!,
Looks like everything is on track for RedBird/Jeep Clinic Weekend!
Unless I REALLY screw up, I'll make it with a broken down little Jeep and some tools!

JeepHammer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Trapshooter
1986 CJ7 

Thats a ton of water in a very short time. Hopefully the damage was kept to a minimum.
'86 CJ7, 258, Carter BBD, Nutter'ed, TeamRush'ed, T-18, Twin Sticked Dana 300, D30 Frt-Pwr Lok L/S-4.10, AMC 20 Rear-Mosers-Detroit Locker-4.10, 2.5 BDS Lift, 1" Body Lift, 33" Wild Country M/Ts, Black Spoke wheels

'45 CJ2A, L134 Go Devil, T-90 Tranny, Warn O/D, T-18 T-Case, Dana 25 Frt, Dana 41 Rear, 531st CJ made

My 401 build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/trapshooters-401-build-1338277/[/url]
Trapshooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Holy Crap!! Hope your house is dry. My neighbor had a fibergalss pool that floated out of the ground one year!!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.