Filling my T150 transmission help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Filling my T150 transmission help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC
Stop what you are doing right not and go put a jack under the bellhouse.. The piece you removed is what supports the transmission, tcase, and the back of the engine. Without it all the weight is on the motor mounts. There is a good chance that you now have a broken mount and if you are not careful it all could come down.
This^ and if its a 258 the rear of the valve cover was supporting a large amount of weight, by resting against the firewall.
If its the 258, hopefully you didn't crack the cover, or punch a hole in it with the stud and nut thats directly behind it. You'll know as soon as you drive it. Watch for oil under the jeep.

Bill

1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
KultureCJ5

1976 CJ5 

in first and in third it pops into neutral. if i hold the stick in place it doesn't happen.. could it be the worn gears? it has a 3 inch body lift and wonder if thats affecting it some.. the clutch was adjusted today.one problem fixed another one develops. its ok.. this cj5 was neglected by the previous owner and sat untouched for about 6 months. I have turned it around and look forward to fixing it up..
KultureCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #18
jessec
1978 CJ5 

With the lift it may not be going all the way
in 1 and 3.
jessec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
CSP

The drain plug in picture 3 is the drain for the transfer case, not the transmission.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #20
KultureCJ5

1976 CJ5 

Hey. It's been sometime since I looked at this post. This last year was a learning experience.
The jeep is cherry now. Got in close with my local lil shop and inspired them to help me out. No labor charges. I just paid for parts. I live on a very small island in Hawaii. So since my last post here's what the jeep went through:
1. Rebuilt the 304 and T150
2. Replaced the mix matched center force 1 and 2. The folks who had the jeep before me made the error. Never saw that happen before and not sure if it's even possible. Put in a stock clutch.
3. The front axle was sitting behind center so we move everything up 2 inches.including the engine.
4. Replaced the shackles. They were in the wrong place. This gave me 2 more inches and a smoother ride.
5 After moving and reweldjng the front end. My drive shaft was to short. We found that a cJ7 drive shaft was a correct fit.
6. After all that and getting back on the road. The first day and in break in period for the engine. Stripped out the rest end at the splines. Reaves with an Alloy one piece axle. It's beefy now.
7. Replaced the dash and all new Autolite meters
8. Took out the Holley and added the Edlebrock Performer.
9. New battery
10. New headlamps
11. Overhaul on my wiring as well

Since this.i have not been able to get stuck. She handles anything I throw at it.

The next upgrades for 2014:
Will upgrade the drums to disc brakes
Next month I'm adding a better damper system for the steering and new steering shaft from Borgeson. Heavy duty!
Adding a DUI ignition

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
KultureCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.