Figuring out lift heights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Figuring out lift heights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-20-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
habman

Figuring out lift heights

Does anyone know how to determine how high a suspension lift is?

I have a buddy with a 76 CJ-7 that has been lifted, but we don't know how much. He wants to put a new lift kit in, but has no idea on how to determine what the current lift is.

HABMAN

PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #0

1977 CJ-7 with all stainless hardware, fittings. hoses and lines.
Glass body in fresh Imron Medium Royal Plum Purple with bright freaking yellow interior.
New Tuffy Stereo Security Console
New BesTop Supertop
Full 8 point cage with frame ties.
33 X 12.50 Yokohama AT + II, I dumped my FRENCH made BFG's
400cid Chevy SB and 350 Turbo trans
All fresh from an off frame resto summer of 02, but is it ever really finished?
habman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2003, 08:57 PM   #2
rustyCJ

why does he need to know how much it is lifted inorder to lift it more? the simple thing to do would be to figure out what size tire he wants to run, lift the jeep accordingly and compare the pre-lift measurement with the post-lift measure. then find a stock cj and take a measure. compare all three and you will know, but i still dont see why you would need to.

just realized if you really want to know how much it is lifted now, find a stock height CJ and compare.
Unread 01-20-2003, 09:03 PM   #3
habman

He doesn't want to lift it more, is trying to maintain the current lift.

HABMAN
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #0

1977 CJ-7 with all stainless hardware, fittings. hoses and lines.
Glass body in fresh Imron Medium Royal Plum Purple with bright freaking yellow interior.
New Tuffy Stereo Security Console
New BesTop Supertop
Full 8 point cage with frame ties.
33 X 12.50 Yokohama AT + II, I dumped my FRENCH made BFG's
400cid Chevy SB and 350 Turbo trans
All fresh from an off frame resto summer of 02, but is it ever really finished?
habman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2003, 09:26 PM   #4
rustyCJ

thats going to be almost impossible. every kit lifts a diff height, very few 4inch kits actually give you 4inches of lift for example. lifting it to the height it is now with new lift springs and when the springs start to sag his rig will be lower. his best bet is to lift it accordingly to the size tire he has/wants, cause if you find his jeep has 3.5"s of lift from stock height now and buy a 3.5 lift, it still wont be the same height.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.