I checked grounds and even grounded the lights back to the battery. I just pulled the column harness connection apart and it all tested ok. Shot it with WD40 and now the lights work... must have been a culprit of the water leaks this thing has had since it was new. I have to rhino line the interior hang the tire carrier, new shift boots, and new cowl gasket then it goes home... finally. This will be my last jeep frp body swap, and hopefully the last cj i have go through here. That said many thanks to this forum and the great people who have more patience and knowledge about these seemingly simple quaint yet menacing vehicles.