Fiberglass Hard Half Door Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fiberglass Hard Half Door Question

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
GSSFC
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fiberglass Hard Half Door Question

I have a set of fiberglass hard half doors. They fit the door opening perfectly, but the latches are wrong. I can't seem to ID the door or the latches to see if I can get a replacement latch to make this setup work.

I have full hard doors I use in the winter, so I need to make a 'non-permanent' fix to make them bosh work.

Here are the pics of the half doors.

Thanks, Tim

doors1.jpg   doors2.jpg  
GSSFC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Robyjuk
1987 YJ Wrangler 

looks like a set of aftermarket doors to fit an early cj
Robyjuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
GSSFC
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So, can I get a different latch for the door or a different latch for the tub to make it work?

Tim
GSSFC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
Robyjuk
1987 YJ Wrangler 

you may be able to find a aftermarket/ kit car doorlatch that will work with them,we have them over here in the uk but not sure if you have them in the states.. you could try to fit a later lock mechanism but you would need to be good at fibreglassing and fab.
Unread 09-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyjuk View Post
looks like a set of aftermarket doors to fit an early cj
"early cj"?? I'm assuming you mean a 76-81 CJ7, with this style of latches. An "early CJ" is a 1946 CJ2A, which these doors obviously won't fit.
Pathkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Robyjuk
1987 YJ Wrangler 

yup sorry but i thought it was obvious as it was a question about 7's not a CJ2A.
Unread 09-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #7
jp360cj
1977 CJ7 

The early '7 doors didn't use a latch, just use the door jam. I'm hoping you can unbolt the door latch from the tub and bend a piece of metal to fill the recess in the door jam. My cousin has the same issue with his '83 and that's what we're going to try.
Unread 04-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #8
jarrodblake
1997 LJ Wrangler 

bumping this thread, i just bought the same doors, and i was wondering if anyone found out who makes them? also i see the the first pic you have a fitting for upper doors can i use any upper door on them or do they make a upper door just for these?
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.