Fiberglass body mount heights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fiberglass body mount heights

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
78GlassCJ5

Fiberglass body mount heights

I am getting ready to put back on my fiberglass cj5 body. I have the frame and engine all restored, but am not sure what heights the rubber body mounts should be cut at. The rubber tubing mounts that were on there are all different sizes. I just want 1" lift from it.

Are all the mounts the same height? or are they different depending on the location of the mount??

THanks in advance,

D

78GlassCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
muddy00

Depends on the body brand, I know on my 4wd hdw ont you cut the one's under the doors first then then measure and cut the others, I think you start @2 " for the 1st one. Call 4wd harware tech support to be sure
muddy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2004, 02:20 PM   #3
78GlassCJ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy00
Depends on the body brand, I know on my 4wd hdw ont you cut the one's under the doors first then then measure and cut the others, I think you start @2 " for the 1st one. Call 4wd harware tech support to be sure

Thanks, I called 4wd hardware, and they said that the 2 and 3 mounts (the ones under the rear seat area) are supposed to be cut to 2 1/8" then cut to fit the rest leaving 1/8" for compression.

D
78GlassCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2004, 07:36 AM   #4
Twystd
1980 CJ5 

I put on a glass body on my CJ5 from 4wd hardware, I didn't like the look of my Jeep with what the company said they should be, looked too much like a body lift, cut mine in half and it looks good....
Unread 01-12-2004, 07:04 AM   #5
HIPPER

Yeah, 4wd told me that 2 1/8 would give me about 1" body lift. I didn't want that so I cut them at 1 1/8. It turned out just how I wanted it. It was tricky, take your time and measure a couple of times. I think you do the front mounts last. If you tighten the front down and then the back, the bolts will pull right through the fiberglass in the front.

I have pics if you want to see mine. bhipp@clevelandbrowns.com
HIPPER is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.