Fender Flares on a Flattened front Fender (CJ7) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Fender Flares on a Flattened front Fender (CJ7)

XT (ExtremeTerrain.com) has Barricade Off-Road Armor!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 04-16-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
HKlassen
1981 CJ7 

Fender Flares on a Flattened front Fender (CJ7)

The previous owner of my CJ7 cut the front fenders as shown in the pictures below. I suspect due to rust, but not sure. Regardless, while I don't mind the look, I'd like to put fender flares back on the rear (they are gone as well) and have 2 questions that I'd like feedback on (and pictures if possible).

1) will my jeep look strange with only fender flares on the back?

2) how might I add fender flares onto the front fenders with the way these have been cut? (I'd also like to put the turn signals back in some manner). I'd like to use the plastic or rubber fenders, but am not against making something if needed. I just don't want to replace the entire front fender section if not needed.

BTW, the pictures make it look like the fender is bent, but it isn't... the weather stripping around the metal edge is not pressed all the way on, and the shadow makes it look goofy.

Thanks for your input. Ask any clarifying questions you might have!

2015-04-16-15.49.37.jpg

2015-04-16-15.49.47.jpg

2015-04-16-15.50.30.jpg

2015-04-16-15.50.34.jpg

Unread 04-16-2015, 10:03 PM   #2
somedude922
1979 CJ7 

You could look into putting TJ flares on the front. Seeing as how they are cut it might actually be easier to do then if you had uncut fenders.

FWIW I think those look awesome. Very well done. I have flatties on my CJ7 but the are aftermarket. I love the way those look.

I don't think it would look tacky if you had flares on the back but not the front.
somedude922 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 02:50 PM   #3
agear
1984 CJ7 

I agree. Those look good. How did you do that and is that black rubber molding running along the edge ?
1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
agear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 03:01 PM   #4
CSP

agear it was stated that the previous owner did it.

All it takes is your favorite tool for cutting sheetmetal and a straight line marked where to cut.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.