Faust's CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Faust's CJ7

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
F4u5T
1985 CJ7 

Faust's CJ7

Hello Everyone,
I just traded for my first Jeep ( a 85 CJ7) and stumbled on this site, looks to be great.
Here she is..

I have just began working on it and have a few questions, Firstly I would like to remove the ECM, as the wiring is a total mess. I would like to simplify as much as possible. I have looked into the "Nutter Bypass" and the "TeamRush" upgrade which both seem to tackle that issue but in the pictures I see coils that look very different than what I have.
Can anyone shed some light on that?

And secondly, I have "most of" a Carter distributor, that looks to be fairly complicated and generally has a bad reputation....

I dont have alot of cash to put in it and replace it right now, so Im gonna try to rebuild it and just use a choke cable to operate the choke, Can anyone help be figure out all the tubes that have been capped.
It does run fairly well if I manually operate the choke.

F4u5T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.