Faust's CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Faust's CJ7

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
F4u5T
1985 CJ7 

Faust's CJ7

Hello Everyone,
I just traded for my first Jeep ( a 85 CJ7) and stumbled on this site, looks to be great.
Here she is..

I have just began working on it and have a few questions, Firstly I would like to remove the ECM, as the wiring is a total mess. I would like to simplify as much as possible. I have looked into the "Nutter Bypass" and the "TeamRush" upgrade which both seem to tackle that issue but in the pictures I see coils that look very different than what I have.
Can anyone shed some light on that?

And secondly, I have "most of" a Carter distributor, that looks to be fairly complicated and generally has a bad reputation....

I dont have alot of cash to put in it and replace it right now, so Im gonna try to rebuild it and just use a choke cable to operate the choke, Can anyone help be figure out all the tubes that have been capped.
It does run fairly well if I manually operate the choke.

F4u5T is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.