To Family Roll Cage or not to Family Roll Cage - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > To Family Roll Cage or not to Family Roll Cage

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #61
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
Home made family cage. Frame tied at A and C. Has seats tied to cage, not tub/frame. No separation anxiety!

WSS,

Great work.

What kind of bender did you use?

Matt

Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #62
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiablejeep
ahhh, the CJ5... another reason I would like the dash plates vs. all the way to the floor.

I have a custom roll cage in my CJ5 and it is a PITA getting my big size 13's in/out with boots on and the roll bar.

The dash plate would allow more room for my feet in the CJ5, not as much of a concern in the CJ7.
cb
I flipped (not as in rolled / flipped but as in bought fixed sold) one a long while back that had the bars to the floor.

The bar was where I was use to resting my foot and it also made it a little difficult to get the foot on the ebrake quickly.
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #63
aero mech
1980 CJ7 

I have the full blown Genright cage and love it. I think you would be happy with the stanchions. You will have to mod the grab bar to keep it and slightly bend the e brake handle. I had the yj family bar prior to adding the cage and the only draw back is the factory cj windshield will crack over time . You could probable double up and weld a plate where the spreader bars attach to the windshield. I also like the look of the Bimini top plus it doesn't dump water in the rear seat good luck
80 CJ-7 Straight six,comp cam,4.0 head, cherokee header, DUI distributor, Affordable FI TBI ,4.10's wide track amc 20 aussie locked and trussed, Dana 30 aussie locked, PSC steering box, 4.5 RE lift, twin sticked dana 300 with Lo max 4to1 35"STT'S ON DC-1 "It's getting there"
aero mech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #64
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
WSS,

Great work.

What kind of bender did you use?

Matt
Thanks!

I borrowed a buddies Hossfeld hydraulic bender. It was overkill but he has every die you can imagine. He said I could borrow it for a month, when I was done he said to keep until he called me. It is still here. Nice piece of equipment.

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
grab handle , roll bar , sport bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.