extended RUSSELL brake line HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > extended RUSSELL brake line HELP!

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
agear
1984 CJ7 

extended RUSSELL brake line HELP!

I have some new russell front brake lines to account for my suspension lift , however I'm not sure how they install. I'm worried about the alignment of the hole in the brake line (for fluid) with the hole in the screw(for fluid). The factory brake line screw uses a washer on the mounting block of the brake line and if you were to leave it out it would change the alignment of the holes in the screw and the brake line. I can't tell whether to reuse the washer with the new line. The factory washers also seem to be like a gasket with the mounting block on the line machined for it. There is space around the screw after it's in the hole. So I begin to conclude that it doesn't matter and I don't have to reuse the washer. Also the mounting block on the new brake lines are slightly thicker than on the old lines. Anybody install these before and know the whether to use the washer or not ?

russell-1-.jpg   russell-2-.jpg   russell-3-.jpg   russell-4-.jpg   russell-5-.jpg  

russell-6-.jpg  
1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
agear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
jeepcliffband
1977 CJ5 

I would think you need the washer still. Reuse them or take them down to the local NAPA store and get a replacement.
jeepcliffband is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
jhedges15
1973 CJ5 

They are copper sealing washers. You need to get new ones. One on each side of the block.
jhedges15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
TURNIPHEAD

Brakes are brakes first off never reuse the copper-washer.make sure you have enough travel on the line that nothing is stressed. Bleed as follows right rear left rear right front left front
TURNIPHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
TURNIPHEAD

Forgot to mention a copper sealing washer on both sides of that banjo bolt and tighten down good,
TURNIPHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
agear
1984 CJ7 

My expert b.i.l. Said use 'em too. I bought some. Thanks
1984 jeep cj7, 258 I6, rebuilt T176,rebuilt Dana 300, amc 20 , dana 30, 4.10's Trac-lok in rear , 4.10's detroit soft locker in dana 30, 2.5 inch bds suspension lift, 1 inch polyurethan body mount lift. Line ex. weber carburetor. factory tach. factory clock ,oem replacement speedomter cluster, and oil pressure gauge, factory volt gauge.
agear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.