experience with spray-in bedliner wanted... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > experience with spray-in bedliner wanted...

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

experience with spray-in bedliner wanted...

I sand-blasted my frame (that was no fun), primed it with Dupli-color gray primer (came out very nice), and now I am coating it with Dupli-color spray-in bedliner. It's looking very good so far. My gun started to "pulse" during the last third of the quart, making a somewhat uneven coat. I keep the nozzle and gun clean during application. I didn't get it finished with one quart.

Questions:
1) Why is my gun pulsing?
2) Do I need to do anything special to overlap the second quart?
3) The material sprays on like a fiber, sort of like webbing-out a boat with fiberglass. It is making a "spider-web" around the edges of the spray pattern, making voids behind any uneven surfaces (do you know what I'm talking about?). Any concerns here?

Thanks.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
syphonation
1988 FSJ Wagoneer 

If it's the same kind of bedliner I've seen, you will need to scuff it up before adding a second coat, assuming it's already dry. And as long as you're putting on a nice, thick coat, I wouldn't worry about it being uneven in some places.
syphonation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

As you get closer to the bottom of the can, it get thicker causing pulsing. Solution is to spray, stir, spray, stir etc...
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphonation View Post
If it's the same kind of bedliner I've seen, you will need to scuff it up before adding a second coat, assuming it's already dry. And as long as you're putting on a nice, thick coat, I wouldn't worry about it being uneven in some places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioTex View Post
As you get closer to the bottom of the can, it get thicker causing pulsing. Solution is to spray, stir, spray, stir etc...
That's good news! Thanks for the tips.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.