Exhaust smoke on my 360! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Exhaust smoke on my 360!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
BG33
1984 CJ7 

Exhaust smoke on my 360!

84 Laredo with a 85 360 in it. Edelbrock intake and 600 carb with edlebrock shorty headers. Engine is factory except for these items. The drivers side head is a new one because several of the exhaust manifold bolts broke off and could not be removed and the passenger side was just reworked. I have yet to get the timing set right because of the cold wet weather here and get the carb adjusted correctly so I can take it out and run it for a while. But have been cranking it and letting it sit and run for a while. The drivers side exhaust will start to smoke a good bit with what seems like white smoke while the passenger side is fine. Kinda comes and goes while ideling or giving it gas. No gas smell or fluids coming out the exhaust. Any ideas? Thanks.

BG33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Chawietjes
1998 ZJ 

It could be alot of different things. This might be able to help you out!

WikiAnswers - What can cause white smoke from the exhaust
Chawietjes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
BG33
1984 CJ7 

Got the new BULLTEAR dispstick in!!! That,s another story all together. The oil looks fine and is not milky in the oil pan or on the dipstick. I have a fairly good oil leak from the oil pan and it seems fine there to with no milky look to it. No sweet smell or bad gas smell either. Maybe the new head just needs breaking in and getting everything in it sealed up good after a couple of hours driving?
BG33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.