Exhaust placement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Exhaust placement

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 08-12-2003, 10:39 PM   #1
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Exhaust placement

Where did the stock exhaust pipe exit? The person who owned it before me rerouted the exhaust to the drivers side right beside the driver, which promptly burnt up the speedo and park brake cables and is too damn loud in my opinion.

Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2003, 09:59 AM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

That is the stock location, exiting behind driver's side tire with no down pipe.

I've heard of people cooking their speedo cables, you can zip tie them away from the hot exhaust.
Unread 08-13-2003, 06:09 PM   #3
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Terrilbe, what was Jeep thinking? I think I will still have the muffler shop take it all the way out the back.
Unread 08-13-2003, 06:27 PM   #4
MudMonster

i believe stock was all the way out the back, not out from under the rocker panel.

Edit: reread it, awachwhiteboy was talking about it coming out under the rocker panel, jadams was talking about the rear, miscommunication haha sorry to interfere

[COLOR=red][B][SIZE=3]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #78[/SIZE] [/B] [/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]JEEP[/COLOR] OWNERS OF AMERICA CLUB MEMBER #3[/B]
[B][COLOR=Red]Red[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Neck [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Jeep[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Club[/COLOR][COLOR=White]Member#27[/COLOR][/B]Fire Engine Red '85 CJ-7, Howell FI-258, T-176, D300, 9", Warn Internal Hubs, Wagoneer front springs, RE Wrangler's in the rear, 33" TrXus', HEI conversion, Taurus fan, no emissions junk, and some 150w daylighters

Last edited by MudMonster; 08-13-2003 at 06:30 PM..
MudMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2003, 10:37 PM   #5
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMonster
i believe stock was all the way out the back, not out from under the rocker panel.

Edit: reread it, awachwhiteboy was talking about it coming out under the rocker panel, jadams was talking about the rear, miscommunication haha sorry to interfere

Good call, that seemed like a very strange place for Jeep to put the exhaust to burn up important rubber accessories.
Unread 08-14-2003, 04:34 AM   #6
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

You can always add heat shields to the areas where the exhaust get close to things.

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2003, 05:48 AM   #7
mad_scientist

earlier cjs exited in front of the tire, I believe

Otherwise stock location is over the axle and out the back and passes between the spring and the frame to exit angled toward the side.
Unread 08-15-2003, 11:31 AM   #8
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NnF

You can always add heat shields to the areas where the exhaust get close to things.
Yeah thats a great idea, I thought about telling the exhaust shop to add some shields around certain areas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.